Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By CraftyMcCrafts
#204598 I was wondering how do you add all spawns to another dimension? Dimension ID I want to use is 111.

I've been trying to mess around with the .json files to get it to work but can't figure it out. Does anyone have an example of configs where they have spawns in other dimensions?

By SKyTheThunder
#204600 Please do not edit the mod file itself as that's against our ToS.

You can have the game generate an external version though. For that, set the "useBetterSpawnerConfig" option in the pixelmon.hocon config file to "true". On restart it will then generate a BetterSpawnerConfig.json file under /config/pixelmon/ in which you can make changes. To add spawns to a dimension you only need to add the Dimension ID to the "dimensions" list.
"/pokereload" or restart to apply your changes.
By orbatos
#204659 @SKy2008 No offense, but please show me a legally binding TOS that itemizes what you say, as that statement is demonstrably ridiculous.

I have noticed this several times within admins and moderators of the PixelMon mod, but you have an extremely poor understanding of the legalities involved if you believe what you say is true. This was also the case when people were being told that PixelMon could be sucessfully sued for property violations, despite never selling a product.

To be clear, the advice you followed up with is good, using the configuration file makes this sort of thing cleaner, but there is no restriction on end-users modifying files as you suggest.

I woudl hazard that this sort of unfriendly statement also isolates the PixelMon community from other mod communities, which is really a shame.
By SKyTheThunder
#240763 Please don't necropost threads from 4 years ago.

The species files have nothing to do with dimension spawns, no. The global spawning whitelist can still be found in the BetterSpawner Config file like before - however in any 9.x or higher release, the old external JSON files have been rolled over into Minecraft's Data Pack system, with the original found under "data\pixelmon\config\betterspawnerconfig.json". You can also restrict spawn sets to certain dimensions in their individual spawn files, under "data\pixelmon\spawning\", but those dimensions need to be whitelisted overall.
JOIN THE TEAM