Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Froggysnack
#205397 Hi! I'm creating a map for a pixelmon server, and I want to add new textures for champions, special trainers or just have new types of trainer.

But after tens and tens of tries, I couldn't create this ressource pack. I've download one from Planet Minecraft, but it doesn't work either, even if I don't modify it! :mad:

Sometimes, the custom npc's have Alex/red skin by default and the option to change the skin (but it doesn't do anything), and sometimes the trainers have pink/black textures that everyone love... SARCASM! :devil:

Also, I don't know if it's normal, but the ressource pack doesn't show up in the ressource pack option. Is that normal?

So, I'm tired of trying and salt replaced my blood, so can someone give me an exemple of a ressource pack? I will of course replace your skins by mine if you agree.

Thanks in advance... :cry:

By veridian
#205412 I had a look around and the resource packs I found, specifically: pokemon-protagonists-e1470.zip, have a faulty structure.
So there was a folder, containing assets and the rest, but they need to be at the root of the .zip for this to work.
The structure of the Zip needs to be like this:

Example.zip:
    > assets (folder)
      >pixelmon (folder)
      >textures (folder)
      >steve (folder)
    > pack.png (not necessary)
    > pack.mcmeta

the mcmeta file needs to contain something like:
Spoiler:
Code: Select all{
   "pack": {
      "pack_format": 3,
      "description": "What ever text you want"
   }
}

Then, after enabling the pack in Minecraft, the NPC editor should work as intended:
Spoiler:

EDIT: forgot to attach the .zip, my bad. Here it is.
Holds 2 example skins named example1.png and example2.png
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
By Froggysnack
#205417 I've modified the Protagonist Pack ressource pack by following your instructions, but it only showed up in Ressource pack option without changing anything.

P.S. I supposed you shared a file, but I think it didn't work...
By veridian
#205431 Just to make sure:
Where do you place the resource pack? If you want it to be usable to the server, you have to configure the server to use it. Just putting it into the .minecraft\resourcepacks folder won't do, since the server has no access to that.
If the server is already using a resource pack, you can just integrate the pack with the skins into the one that is already in use, I guess.

That said, I don't usually mess around with servers much, so any guide on the internet on how to get the resource pack onto a server will do a better job at explaining.

And here is a re upload of the example file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b28uf7g1 ... e.zip/file
Forum seems to be not configured for attachments in posts, this should work now.
JOIN THE TEAM