Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Teal
#210235 Hi,
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems like Pixelmon spawns high-level Pokemon much earlier than it used to. I'm going around with a team of level 8-9s, and I'm seeing regular Pokemon in the 20s and even 40-50s.
I've made sure to set "spawn levels by distance" to false, "spawn closer to player's level" to true, "higher levels underground" to false, and caveMaxMultiplier to 1 just to be on the safe side. I've also set it to use external JSON files for spawning and set all these values in the external file for good measure. The high-level Pokemon keep coming.
Is there a way to fix this, or is this just how it's supposed to be now?

By Teal
#210239 After some more observations and experiments, I think what's happening is this.
First, it checks the party's level.
Then, it chooses a Pokemon that can spawn at a matching level.
Then, it determines the level of the Pokemon to spawn-- without worrying about whether its level matches that of the party.
So I'm not seeing Pokemon that can only spawn at a high level, but I'm seeing plenty of Pokemon that can spawn at a wide range of levels, which explains the lvl 30+ Clefairies, lvl 50 Skarmories, and so forth. All of these are Pokemon that *could* spawn at a level matching that of my party-- but when it spawns them in, it picks a random, often high level.
At least, that's what I think is happening. Can anyone else confirm, or suggest a way to fix this?
By SKyTheThunder
#210242 I'm unsure if that's intended or not. You may want to report this to our bug tracker so we can properly look into it.
JOIN THE TEAM