Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By oldcouchgamer
#213465 Hi @all first and thx for all the work on this crossover mod between Minecraft and Pokemon. Been playing Pokemon Since R&B release, dang i am old, and wanted to give this a shot. (Btw want to mention that i am a pure SP person and MP servers are not something i will join)

Tried now versions 1.12.2 and the 1.16.5 and have some issues with both.

1. Raids in 1.12.2 are sometimes active on approach, but in 1.16.5 you need to either sleep or pass the early morning. Which point of the config changes that?

2. Tumblestone in 1.16.5 is rarer than DIamonds, grows far to slow and the Hammer always breaks the ground below it which is kinda dumb. Changed the config, but now it grows everywhere. Can someone explain the numbers?

3. There is a "treasure spot" in Ultra Forest in 1.16.5 which has a tree different colored leaves and a chest with beast balls in it, but it doesnt seem to have a structure code to it. How rare is this spot?

(1.16.5 seems also a bit less variety structure wise against 1.12.2. There is only the grass gym, which is stupidly overpowered, and some of the shrines also seem to be missing, but i think this is a WIP issue.)

4. What am i doing wrong in 1.12.2 trying to catch Pokemon off the overworld. Example: Chased a wild Pink Nidorina and only every 10th ball executed the catching mechanic. Is maybe stuff like grass blocking the ball?

5. Is there a way to change the amount of Max Raid opponents shields in 1.12.2? Some 3 Star Raids have 5-9 Shields and thats very annoying.

6. Berries dont seem to grow on 1.12.2 used Bone Meal and the Wailmer Pail, but even after staying 3 ingame days nearby it doesnt grow.

By SKyTheThunder
#213466 This is a bit all over the place, but I'll do my best to answer everything.

1. Raids are gliched in the current release and only activate if they're loaded in while the respawn tick happens each day. Next update will fix that and they should behave exactly as they did on older versions.

2. I'm not entirely sure how the settings work for them. From context, I assume "tumblestone-growth-chance" and "tumblestone-restore-chance" are chances per random block tick (same system Vanilla crops grow, grass spreads, leaves decay, etc.). "tumblestone-spawn-chance" may be the chance per chunk to generate a cluster.
Fully grown Tumblestone clusters can also be broken via the "Rock Smash" Move Skill.

3. Not sure what you mean by "structure code" in this context. All structure generation uses the Vanilla system and their template pools can be edited via Data Pack under "data/<namespace>/worldgen/template_pool/". The base implementation (including rarity/spread) is currently done in code; newer MC versions will expose that to be accessed via Data Pack as well, once we get there.
Overall the 9.x versions (MC 1.16.5) have a much higher structure variety, easily doubling the number from 8.x (MC 1.12.2) even if you ignore all the variants and randomly generated peripherals structures. Not all types of Gyms have been fully overhauled yet, but work continues. Next update is confirmed to add Fire and Ground Gym Villages.
Unline the original games, Gyms are designed to be a challenge. They aren't meant to be steamrolled with a single Pokémon, but require some strategy.

4. Tall grass should be ingored for engaging in battle, and catching during battle is not affected by terrain at all. Not sure on the behavior when trying to catch outside of battle though.

5. Raids are set to emulate the mechanics as they are in the original games. Afaik there is no way to change those, short of writing a custom sidemod to intercept them.

6. Berry Trees used a "care" mechanic in 8.x versions, similar to the older games. They will grow over IRL hours, with their eventual Berry yield determined by how they were cared for. While not planted in hydrated farmland, they will constantly lose yield over time; bonemeal/pail on the other hand can once per stage give a boost to the yield.
See our wiki for details: w/index.php?title=Berry_tree&oldid=104703
JOIN THE TEAM