Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By lugiaisbeast101
#34529 How do you go about telling the height of a Pokémon for a model on Techne. For example, is 17'01'' or 5.2m. How do you revert that into Techne blocks, because I make models based on appearance, but if you're making a Pokémon this height or larger in length like rayquaza, should you still go with your gut or what? This is something I was just wondering so it's all right if you can't answer.

By KuryoZT
#34536 What I believe is important in Techne is Proportions.
Meaning it can as tall as you want, as long as it's also as wide as it needs to.
After it can all be change in code, if I understood right.
Just my non-important 2cents
By lugiaisbeast101
KuryoZT wrote:What I believe is important in Techne is Proportions.
Meaning it can as tall as you want, as long as it's also as wide as it needs to.
After it can all be change in code, if I understood right.
Just my non-important 2cents

Ok, that actually did help because I know that I really don't have a height limit as long as I do the model correctly, ok I understand now.
By KuryoZT
#34541 If you want some sort of proof that there is technecally (lol) no limit, take gengar, see its little darts on its back? Imagine the number of the biggest block if the smallest is one, see? Or even Graveler, the small pieces on its hand are at least 1 too.
But maybe they found a way to do some in one model, then import it, in smaller form in another, or something. But look at onix's thread,
SPG wrote:Nah, size isnt a problem, it can easily be scaled down, getting scaled up causes problems though

so you have it ;)
By lugiaisbeast101
KuryoZT wrote:If you want some sort of proof that there is technecally (lol) no limit, take gengar, see its little darts on its back? Imagine the number of the biggest block if the smallest is one, see? Or even Graveler, the small pieces on its hand are at least 1 too.
But maybe they found a way to do some in one model, then import it, in smaller form in another, or something. But look at onix's thread,
SPG wrote:Nah, size isnt a problem, it can easily be scaled down, getting scaled up causes problems though

so you have it ;)

:twisted: I'm getting dangerous ideas............for my pc at least. I'll just have to overcome my laziness for poliwrath because I really want to remodel gyarados (I like it how it is though)and model Palkia, kyogre, and rayquaza. I can do them now that I know there should be no height limit, but it's going to take an immensely large amount of time and patience to do on Techne. I want to try and do them magnified by maybe x5 height or more, but that will take so long on techne because of it's lags with the blocks I would be adding, not to mention fixing it up based on others feedback.
By SPG
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:If you want some sort of proof that there is technecally (lol) no limit, take gengar, see its little darts on its back? Imagine the number of the biggest block if the smallest is one, see? Or even Graveler, the small pieces on its hand are at least 1 too.

so you have it ;)

:twisted: I'm getting dangerous ideas............for my pc at least. I'll just have to overcome my laziness for poliwrath because I really want to remodel gyarados (I like it how it is though)and model Palkia, kyogre, and rayquaza. I can do them now that I know there should be no height limit, but it's going to take an immensely large amount of time and patience to do on Techne. I want to try and do them magnified by maybe x5 height or more, but that will take so long on techne because of it's lags with the blocks I would be adding, not to mention fixing it up based on others feedback.

I have a high end gaming pc, and i get a bit of lag, so techne is just poorly optimized, and im not sure if this was mentioned here, but that wood block is 1m and one face is 16x16 pixels so 16 techne blocks is 1m
By lugiaisbeast101
SPG wrote:I have a high end gaming pc, and i get a bit of lag, so techne is just poorly optimized, and im not sure if this was mentioned here, but that wood block is 1m and one face is 16x16 pixels so 16 techne blocks is 1m

All my questions were answered but the original which was that, so thx SPG.
JOIN THE TEAM