Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By Jephon
#75117 Ehh.. looks like spam but it is legit.. If anyone wants to do something I guess it would need to be MrM.. Although he may need to have a copyright for the mod.. Which.. well.. yea.
By MrLegalAdvice
jsnbrown1989 wrote:Ehh.. looks like spam but it is legit.. If anyone wants to do something I guess it would need to be MrM.. Although he may need to have a copyright for the mod.. Which.. well.. yea.

His videos do not constitute spam though. His videos constitute copyright infringement. Even if he doesn't legally have a copyright, he can still file a copyright infringement claim. And yeah, the whole Pokemon thing is a fuzzy area. I would still file a copyright claim if I were MrM, just to see if YouTube takes it seriously. I mean, they have a "My software" option in the one dropdown where I instructed to select "Other", so he could select the Software option, input Pixelmon as his software, and write a message about how GamersItalia is claiming Pixelmon is his software.

Everyone should still continue to report his videos for fraud and such. I personally have been checking out people who comment on his videos, thinking he's a dev for Pixelmon, and checking their subscriptions. If I see someone has subscribed to GamersItalia, I send them a pre-written message:

Please unsubscribe from GamersItalia, as he is not an actual dev team member for Pixelmon.

If you require proof of this, please read the official Pixelmon blog. They have posted about GamersItalia's fraudulent behaviour here:

http://blog.pixelmonmod.com/?p=137

If you know anyone else who is subscribed to him, feel free to copy and paste this message and send it to them.

What I find weird about GamersItalia, is in his earlier Pixelmon videos, he started out doing model spotlights such as this video of Moltres: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFYqKUdzF4 . Look at the video description: "Finally they added also moltres, i think that's a nice job.".

He's referring to the actual devs, and not pretending to be a dev. I've gone through his videos trying to locate when exactly he went from giving the actual dev team kudos, to pretending to be a member of the dev team, but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly when he started pretending.
By MrMasochism
#75129 We already have issued these but thanks for the info. We put copyright notices up earlier in the week. So far a few of his videos have been removed by youtube and not many more are needed for his channel to be banned
By Nova Spartan
#76178 He's going even farther now. He's been removing the comments that were exposing him and now he made a video claiming he was going to release a beta of the next Pixelmon Update to people who post their email in the comments. He's going to end up sending them a virus or something...

His channel seriously needs to go down as soon as possible.
By Kmerr
#76872 This guy isn't giving up. He is creating another channel that shows "beta releases" of pixelmon etc.
By Foquine
#76898 What a c*nt. What can we do to help?
JOIN THE TEAM