Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Smokespoke526
#78566 Hi, I my self have been reviewing Pokemon in Pixelmon Competitively for awhile for LizardPixelmon, which is one of the bigger Pixelmon servers out there. I actually have my own forum called Competitive Play on the server's forums in which discuss the Pokemon and offer move sets which means yes I do test out the moves before I put them into a move set. Other People are welcome to make reviews on it but usually they stick to what I say.

What I want basically is someone to just judge my work and see what they think of it. Mainly though I want to see what the developers say and how they see how it is as well

Links: http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/v ... m/14513869 <----The main forum where I make reviews
http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/m ... ning-guide <---- My own EV training guide
http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/m ... 9-cloyster <----One of the reviews that can be found on the forum (This review is on Cloyster)
http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/m ... hting-list <---This is a tier list I made for the current pokemon in pixelmon)

Additional Sidenotes:
* I will not hold back and I will say that I have taken some stuff from Smogon (Move sets, Overviews, Mov sets Descriptions etc...) and I am not afraid to admit it.
* I did take some movesets from Smogon because some of them do in fact work very well.
* So far I only review Pokemon that are Fully evolved including Pokemon like Krokoroc and Flaafy. I did make a review on Kingdra becuase I though it would be released within the most recent update.

By Chison
#78645 I looked at a couple of your reviews and read the EV guide so here are some things I noticed :

The EV guide is solid, but you did not write a guide, you simply gave explanations on the topic. To improve it you should add the most common pixelmon and tell people a few hints on how they can effectively EV train.

For example : Shellder gives 1 Defense EV, so take a couple of dirt blocks (or grass) and create a plattform in an ocean biome, best if you cannot see any other land, you should get lots of Shellder to spawn there and you can EV train defense easily.

Also on to the EXP share you talk about EV training two pokemon at the same time, and you mention that it is hard to EV train lower level pokemon, maybe you should note somewhere that you can use a high level pokemon that is EV trained or simply a filler pokemon, to EV train a lower lvl pokemon with the EXP share until it is strong enough to EV train on it's own.

Moving on about your guides, they seem solid, sadly abilities are not in the game yet and you worked around it well, but you do have some mistakes, I didn't look through all of them but one thing I noticed was in Arcanine guides that you say Flare Blitz doesn't deal Recoil dmg which is wrong even if it doesn't do that at the moment, I don't think it is right to advice people to use broken attacks. Also you talk about superior priority which he only gains through his move "Extremespeed" which is not in the game yet.

Also in the Magneton guide you tell people about Hidden Power Fire, without IV breeding it is pretty much impossible to get the desired Hidden Power, just getting the right nature is often difficult enough already. So you should touch on that maybe. Of course I don't know about the server you are talking about, maybe you are allowed to set all your IV to the desired numbers.

Overall you seem to do a pretty good job, and all sets look solid on it's own. To improve it furthermore maybe add a little section where you talk about good team combinations since you mention their weakness. Like suggesting for your Special Arcanine set to use him in a Sunny Day team to get instant Solar Beams and things like that. After all there is a good number of Grass pokemon who can use sunny day and therefore deal well with Arcanine counters too.
By Smokespoke526
#78716 Chison and Shunki, thank you for your criticism it always helps.

there are a few things to note as well

1) SolarBeam is currently bugged and acts as if its is in Sunny Day in other words no charge turn required at all
2) I do understand that without IV brreeding getting the good hidden power isn't always gonna happen so should I just put hidden Power just as it is possibly?
By Chison
#78859 1) I didn't know SolarBeam was bugged too, but that just goes back to the other point I made, it's probably not right to suggest broken moves. If you hold a competition on your server, the admins will probably tell you not to use those as they can be gamebreaking.

2) I just meant that you should say in the review that it is impossible to IV breed at the moment and IV are randomly given to any pokemon so the chance to get Hidden Power Fire is very low and a powerful Hidden Power is even lower. After all the strength of the attack is also depending on the value of the IV's. Lowest power can be as low as 30, which even if it's Hidden Power Fire wouldn't deal significant damage, so only a strong version with maximum power 70 is really good. So if possible you could suggest an alternative with similar/same coverage, and if there is no alternative at least warn people about it.
By Smokespoke526
#78936 Oh and also other people on the community for the server have made other guides as well and one of them was a EV traning location guide which indicated what Pokemon to kill to get certain Ev so that's definitely out the window sort of.

Another thing is some Pokemon Like Magneton have extremely limited movepools due to no move tutor NPC (Or maybe something to that regard).

Usually the people who hold tournaments won't pay attention to moves (They only pay attention to status effect moves like Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, etc). They usually just ban certain Pokemon.

For example there isn't really that big usage of fighting types on the server, because of this Pokemon like Snorlax (The most notable Pokemon of this regard) is able to just Rampage through the Metagame and is currently the #1 counter to Mewtwo just because it can take an Aura Sphere to the face and just OHKO it with Crunch (Which also makes it viable as a counter to Gengar, Alakazam, and a few other Special attacker.

Also the admins usually just oversee the tournament and make sure it goes along smoothly. They don't hold tournaments, its actually the player themselves that host the tournament.
By urbymine
#80618 i used to be that kind of guy for alpinemcpm until i quit, i never really made my knowledge public that much.
By urbymine
Smokespoke526 wrote:Ya i try to make my knowledge more public to the people cause nobody knows what to really put on pokemon.

Also I made a tier for pokemon as well: http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/m ... hting-list

that's very interesting,it's fun to see how my team back then entirely was made out of OU, without taking any note for in what category they would belong.
this should become something mod-wide, having a pixelmon exclusive tier list is helpful because without abilities, the tiers kinda differentiate from the original metagame
JOIN THE TEAM