Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MIGHTYOAK166
#79132 Hey all I am very new to using mods on minecraft, the only mod that i am trying to use right now is pixelmon. However i cannot seem to get the mod to work, i have downloaded forge, the pixelmon download, extracted the files from pixelmon folder to .minecraft folder, and even when i start minecraft up it says i have 3 mods up and running but when i start playing it i get normal minecraft no pixelmon at all. Also when i click on the mods tab on the homescreen it says i have no mods at all. Im not sure if it because i did something wrong or something was updated but i cant seem to get this to work, any help i can get would be appreciated.

By IceMan8030
#80313 Mightyoak166,

I am sorry you are having troubles playing pixelmon, from what you have posted my conclusion is that you are having an issue with FML (forge mod loader) and not the pixelmon mod itself. My suggestion to you is that you either uninstall FML and reinstall it or move your .minecraft file to a new location as a backup and reinstall minecraft so you a have a fresh .minecraft and reinstall the mods. Also please make sure you are trying to play the mod on minecraft 1.6.2 (this is a common issue). I would also make sure you have the latest FML for minecraft 1.6.2. If none of the solutions work please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt
By IceMan8030
MIGHTYOAK166 wrote:I did figure it out lol I didn't extract the mods folder and the other to the .minecraft file and I was trying to run it with 1.6.4 minecraft

Glad you were able to figure it out.
JOIN THE TEAM