Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By KayoticX
#81936 Are there going to be x and y pokemon and features in pixelmon soon?

I really want charizard x lol.

By SPG
#81967 ya, like 5 pokemon, if you noticed nothign else got added, we had the final evo for sandile but was never added (the reasoning behind the one not being added was dumb though)
By KayoticX
#82120 what was the reason?

still gen 5 was added before gen 6, this doesnt make sense how gen 6 cant be added in next update
By SPG
#82124 Copyright is the only reason you need, we stopped adding more gen 5 because we dont want do deal with it, makes perfect sense
By KuryoZT
KayoticX wrote:why is that?

Gen 5 came out before Gen 6

Ya, gamefreak decided to skip gen7 and go directly to gen8.
No but seriously, gen 5 pokemon were added in pixelmon, that's true. But as SPG said, only like 5 (sandile, krokorok, archen, archeops, tirtouga, carracosta, and not even sure for the last two,) That's 6 at worst.

And they were added some time ago, I didn't know about the mod that they were inside it already, so at least half a year ago, mind you.
The decision not to put the current gen pokemon inside the mod is newer than their addition, and with the time put into modelling them and coding them in, the work it took wasn't low enough to be overlooked, and so they left them in, but didn't add any gen5 pokemon until now.
Gen6 is out, so now, even with the rules they put onto themselves, they can freely put gen5 pokes in the mod.
Why? I don't know, and I have no reason to ask them, the chief coder decided it that way, I won't really argue, I'm not coding the game, only loving it. So if he decided that, I don't think he did a tail or head throw. (that'd be hilarious in a way though, personally).

So yeah, not adding gen6 pokemon until gen7 games are out in the market. Sorry to burst your bubble.

On a side note, I think it's got something to do with copyright, wouldn't want trouble with that.
By KayoticX
#82275 So may i ask anyone who tested the beta if hydreigon was added?

Also lileep fossil doesnt work becus lileep wasnt added, why?
By Foquine
#82573 Maybe if Game Freak give the mod permission to do it?
JOIN THE TEAM