Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Smokespoke526
#84691 Before you read this thread please observe the Tier list that i made to get an idea of what I have in the metagame: http://lizardpixelmon.enjin.com/forum/m ... hting-list

Main changes in metagame
The biggest changes they did in the Metagame was specifically the introduction to very powerful Steel- type Pokemon pokemon which have the potential to wall of the Psychic types. This introduction made the Steel- typing a very powerful threat in which some Pokemon got into my OU Tier. Metagross is the biggest etagame chager here as Pokemon like Alakzam and Exeggutor can not hit Metagross super effectively and their STAB attacks are are resited and barely scratch it. A lot of Psychic types got nerfed because of this.

Pokemon that got buffed

Charizard, Moltres, and Typhlosion-These 3 fire types still have a very broken SolarBeam attack available to them making them nearly uncounterable though. Steel types are pretty much cannon fodder to these 3. Metagross does have Rock Slide to have a chance at OHKOing Moltres and Charizard.

Metagross, Empoleon, and Aggron- All I've got to say is wow, with these 3 Steel types Psychic types got nerfed incredibly along with a lot of other Special attackers. They single handedly changed the metagame and hurt alot of Pokemon that were in OU for Pixelmon. Their defenses give each of them 10 or more resistances making them solid tanks and pair it with good movepools and good offensive stats and they all become very good sweepers.

Gengar- Wait gengar got buffed!? the answer is yes the question your asking is probablly "How?" The answer is simply the fact that Gengar is not only still the fastest sleep user in Pixelmon but he also got Substitute (Yes Substitute got fixed) Because of this gengar has a way of Taking a hit while dealing major damage to the opponent's Pokemon so expect more use of Gengar in the future of Pixelmon.

Moves that were fixed for competitive battling

Future Sight- This Psychic type move was a one turn move with 100 Base Power, when it was really supposed to be a 2-3 turn move with 100 Base Power, well now its fixed and Psychic is the more preferred move now.

Last Resort- This move was incredibly broken since it had Base 140 Power, now since its fixed Pokemon such as Flareon and Leafeon who really benefited from it pretty much got it taken away from them and now have to rely on Return instead for an offensive attack.

Substitute- Lots of Possibilities have opened up because of this move. The most notable set are Substitute + Leech Seed sets. Though undoubtedly Gengar got the biggest benefit from this move since he normally uses it as setup to take a hit.

(These are just a few of the moves that are fixed)

Who got hurt the most from the changes?
Without a doubt the Psychic types got hurt very badly as some Pokemon fell out of OU and were drawn into BL and UU as they got walled off by Metagross and Empoleon.

My prediction is that we will see more Gengars, Fire types and Steel- types as part of competitive teams in Pixelmon. But what is really necessary is the Nerf on SolarBeam which we unfortunately did not get.

By igzoz
#84920 The only change the new update did was:

Fire and steel types will be used more often.

Gengar will still get destroyed without abilities

gengars weakness to ground is a major -

and without abilities (levitate) gengar is not immune to ground.
ground poke's are the ones who got buffed. ground is super effective against steel
aggron has base speed 60 and is x4 weak against ground and fighting, so he's basically useless without trick room
By Smokespoke526
#84941 I do understand that Ground types sort of got buffed but I honestly beg to differ.

Most Ground types are paired with a Rock typing which makes it backfire cause now they have 4x weaknesses to SolarBeam and Scald/Hydro pump which = OHKO and all the fire types except for Magmar and Flareon pack SolarBeam in their move pool and will most likely use it. And most mono Ground type Pokemon are unreliable in stats and move pool and very low speed stat
(except for Dugtrio but he has a very mediocre Attack Stat)

besides having Earthquake in their arsenal they don't really offer much more so its somewhat rare to really see them. You'll most like see Steel types dominating spots on teams because of this.

Another thing I forgot to mention was Rock typing is weak to Steel which makes Pokemon like Rhydon and Golem still vulnerable to Steel type moves such as: Flash Cannon, Meteor Mash,and Bullet Punch)

Metagross, Empoleon and Aggron will most likely not get OHKOed by Earthquake but most likely 2HKOed or 3HKOed. In fact most likely they'll be KOing Earthquake users before the Earthquake users. For Example if Metagross has them at very low HP while the Earthquake user didn't even come close to half their HP, Metagross will most likely use Bullet Punch to finish them off anyway since Bullet Punch is a Priority Move

Just because Gengar is weak to Ground- does not mean he's completely useless and is horrible. I would honestly worry more about Priority moves such as Pursuit(bugged and always goes first) and Bullet punch(used by Metagross). And even if you decide to not switch out to Gengar he can chance putting the Pokemon to sleep with Hypnosis or maybe if the Pokemon has a burn or posion status (Which is a very low chance of happening anyway) he can spam Substitute and then finish them with something like Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt.
JOIN THE TEAM