Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MrWubzy
#86186 Hello, I was wondering if there's an efficient way to make an apricorn farm? When I plant a lot of them, they lag me really hard when I'm looking in the direction of them, so it makes it difficult to pick them. Can somebody tell me a more efficient and lag-safe way to do it? Thanks!

By EmperorEhryn
#86189 Here's what I do. I seperate farms by which balls I plan to make out of them. Say I wanted an Ultra Ball farm right? Well I'd need 64 yellows and 128 blacks to make a stack. You can split that up into 6 rows of 32.

So To make 6 rows of 32 I dig the rows out so each row is 1 block lower than the area around I will be standing on, so when they're fully grown it sticks about a block over where I'm standing then and it's easy to pick them and jump over to get to the next row and what not.

When picking, try to do it with an item that doesn't have a right click function like a shovel. So you can just hold it down and move sideways, and don't risk accidentally misplanting another apricorn.

If playing online survival double up fencing around your apricorn farm to help ensure people don't phantom block jump their way in. They still can but, yeah.
By SPG
#86197 Get a better pc, also ultras are far from the best, only 1.5x capture rate. Use a quick, dusk, or level ball
By SPG
#86272 quick ball is if you throw it right when the battle starts, it has an 8x capture rate and then shoots down
dusk ball is very good at night, it just always seems to be night when im catching pokemon
and level ball is better the higher your pokemon are, if you are 1 leve higher its 2x double 4x and 4 times bigger (max would be a wild level 25 and you being 100) its 8x
By Docjoe
#86274 This is what I usually do for an apricorn farm:

Find one of each apricorn
    Locate a skeleton spawner
    Turn the skeleton spawner into an item/xp farm
    turn the resulting stacks of bones into bonemeal
    bonemeal will advance apricorns by one stage, so if you wait till they are fully grown, just spam your bone meal on the apricorn color of choice.
    one stack of bonemeal will give you 33 apricorn

as an added bonus, you can set up an enchantment table nearby for the xp portion of the farm. the only down side is the overflow of arrows and bows.
By EmperorEhryn
#86308 I'll have to get in on learning the effectiveness of each ball better and next time make a few different farms for types.

Also what'd be, in your opinion, the best Pokemon catcher? I was thinkin Hypnosis, Thunder wave, and false swipe on a pokemon would make it awesome but idk if anyting can learn all those
By Docjoe
#86314 There's lots of options for catching pokemon. One option is the move Spore (100% sleep chance). The Paras family can learn it. If I remember right they can also learn false swipe via tm. Moveset generators like the one at serebii.net (http://serebii.net/games/moveset-bw.shtml) can help you see who can learn what, and how.
JOIN THE TEAM