Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Lemonita
#90693 As the TOS states it is not allowed to spread the adfly download link of the pixelmonmod download, may i make a suggestion to improve the download page?

Disable and Delete all comments placed upon the download page: http://blog.pixelmonmod.com/?page_id=16
Who would anyone want to read all those comments?

This is the main reason why i do not like to link to that specific download page and prefer to post a direct adfly download link.
It deserves a nice and clean download page, with the donate button and advertisement.

But the comment spam should be removed in my opinion.

By Lemonita
MrMasochism wrote:It's done. For the next release i'll redesign the basic layout a bit

What is your opnion about the blogging, sharing, tweeting of the adfly download link of pixelmon?

If i do one search phrase for the first adfly download link i can find over 4000 published pages on the internet with the download link presented and that is just the start of it. There are more download links, with and without adfly on it.

We also had a reason to publish these links, pixelmonmod was down at 2.5 release.

How is pixelmonmod going to maintain all these *takedown* requests? or are we just only adressing the listed servers on this website?

I just say, it is impossible to prevent this, the links can't be prevented from being spread.
Once something is placed upon the internet is it free for everyone to share the links.

In my case i was already redirecting my visitors by sending them to pixelmoncraft.com for more information and the pixelmon wiki.
And i had the adly link of the pixelmon download listed for fast availability.

In my opinion the attention should be aimed at either people who are distrubuting modified versions or people who are not redirecting to pixelmonmod.com at all. Any blogpost, tweet or internet submission is free promotion for pixelmon and pixelmon will gain in populairity by these posts eventually.

I respect the choices that are made and will obey to the terms of service as it is now, but it does not feel right.
I feel it should be allowed to spread an adfly pixelmon download link, as long as it is the link from pixelmonmod.com.

I am respecting the copyright of pixelmon and will be sure to make a perfect redirection logo to pixelmonmod.com on our actual website when it will be launched.
By MrMasochism
#90796 I disagree. It is part of our plans going forward that this website work as a hub for all pixelmon activity. The more we can do to promote people going through this website to get pixelmon the better. We won't actively prosecute people who post it other places but we will look at banning them from pixelmon if we feel angry enough about it at some stage.

The number one reason for this is support. If I go to a website that is just putting up the adf.ly or mediafire link then I'm pretty much bound to find a bunch of people who are complaining about it not working or don't know how to install it etc but as they didn't come here first they don't have access to any support and no one on those sites is helping them in any way. It also means we are missing out on bug reports and other stuff like that
By Lemonita
MrMasochism wrote:I disagree. It is part of our plans going forward that this website work as a hub for all pixelmon activity. The more we can do to promote people going through this website to get pixelmon the better. We won't actively prosecute people who post it other places but we will look at banning them from pixelmon if we feel angry enough about it at some stage.

The number one reason for this is support. If I go to a website that is just putting up the adf.ly or mediafire link then I'm pretty much bound to find a bunch of people who are complaining about it not working or don't know how to install it etc but as they didn't come here first they don't have access to any support and no one on those sites is helping them in any way. It also means we are missing out on bug reports and other stuff like that

Again i understand your point of view,

I will respect the choices that are currently made and will redirect to the download page, but you know very well that these links have already been published on thousands of web pages of which you can't do anything to get them removed. That is how the internet works, links are being spread escpecially if it is something populair as pixelmon currently is.

I still stick to my point that blogging a downloadlink is not causing any harm to pixelmon, it spreads the word.
Pixelmon players will still find these forums and wiki pages as we are already redirecting to pixelmonmod.com on various ways.

Currently, even on the 2.5.3 release thousands of download links have been published over the internet already.

I am cutting down on this subject, thanks for your time.
I wish you all the best luck in getting all the links removed.
JOIN THE TEAM