Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By pelagius_septim
#113006 Hello, I am Pelagius. And its been a while since I have shared some of my vast knowledge. Here is a guide on how to make your pixelmon server more appealing to the average MC joe.

What makes you better?
Example time! Yay! >:3
So, lets say I am a player, and have two servers to pick from. And I dont have a whole lot of time to find my new favorite server, because I REALLY wanna play. So I am confronted with a choice. And only based off of the names, I can tell which server is better. (Totally dont know if these are real servers btw, so lets hope they are not)
PokemonMC RPG, Pixelmon
PixelmonMC! A RPG Bukkit Pixelmon experience, GYM LEADERS NEEDED. RP Fun!
Ok, so above is two servers, Im obviously going to choose PixelmonMC over PokemonMC. Only because PixelmonMC seems to have more to offer. Now a title says it all, but now lets move on to something equally important. Server descriptions!

Server Descriptions!
So, lets say I have more time, Im looking for a server to settle in to, play there for a while. Have fun and get to know players. I will decide "Hey! Why not click on the server and read more on it! So I start to look in to both servers. Lets use my example names above.
PokemonMC:
A fun server with nice staff. Join today for a free shiny rattata. RPG! Gyms!
PixelmonMC:
Welcome to PixelmonMC! We have a team of 12 staff members, all are generous, and helpful to the players who do not know too much about pixelmon! We encourage that younger players play here due to our cleaner language rule! We also have 5 gym leaders, meaning we need 3 more. However we are looking for players to fill the slot! We are currently waiting for new awesome players to join! Go to our website (Insert random website here) and join today! We cant wait to have you!

Now based on both descriptions. I already know that Pixelmon MC is better. And PokemonMC is some trashy server who has a bad team of staff and dont know how to advertise. But thats not the only thing I am looking for as a lost MC'er who needs a home server.

Comments!
Watch yourself, there will always be players who talk trash in the advertisement site comments. Insuring your players are happy can result in a form of advertisement. A positive one infact.
So lets say in the comment section of PokemonMC there are 6 comments saying stuff like "Trashy server" "Not good" "Boreing" "Staff cheats players" ect. The owner of PokemonMC obviously isnt making his players happy. But the owner of PixelmonMC is making his players happy, they are saying stuff like "FAVORITE SERVER!" "Always. Play. Here." "Oh my gosh! Had so much fun!" As the new mcer I see those comments and compare servers based on the comments. Bad comments = bad server.

Advertise everywhere
Find EVERY advertisement site and post something about your server there! Thats one of the best ways to promote your server! PMC, MC Forums, EVEN HERE! Are great places to advertise.

Finally, just have fun. You work hard trying to promote your server, and its difficult in the world of MC. With thousands of servers and plenty of competition, you are sure to gain players! But lets all just agree on one thing, Pixelmon servers are way better then the rest, so use this guide and promote some of the best servers in the world! :D

-Pelagius_Septim

By Aichu
#115612 i agree with cap , but i didnt get alot of people in , like 3-4 only , but thanks
JOIN THE TEAM