Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By AnDwHaT5
#116221 So I herd you liek crashing? Well good! I am here to help to fix those pesky crashes! Welcome to Crash Reading 101. A "crash" course!

Minecraft runs very specifically especially when installing mods and the smallest error as you know can cause the mod to crash! >:( but do not fret! I am here to help!

Let's start. Here I have gathered a bunch of crashes around the Pixelmon forum and compiled them into one universal tutorial anyone can understand!

The following messages are found under the section that says description, on the top of the report.

"Java Version: 1.6.0_65"

If this shows up in your system details of Minecraft crash report you are running the wrong Java. As of 3/12/14 it is 1.7 (Java version, not Minecraft, in case of confusion) so please update your Java.

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot determine the type of the type parameter 'REQ': class "
or
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/common/util/EnumHelper"
or
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.client.gui.ScaledResolution.<init>"

Make sure you are running the right 1.7.2 version of Forge. You can find the proper version of Forge needed for Pixelmon on the Pixelmon download page.

If your crash report doesn't match any of these issues, post the full report in the Support Tracker.

I will add more as I find more posts on the forums ^_^ happy crashing. I think...

By pelagius_septim
#116255 I like this guide, I used to not really know to much about crash reading other then figuring out what caused it, which was blaintly obvious to me because I normally read until I catch a mod name. Such as Pixelmon having a ID conflict x3 Thanks Andwhat5 ;D
By Nutt
#125474 :| im haveing trouble with my pixelmon mod, everytime i try to get in, it crashes after showing mojang for a bit. Iv done everything the pixelmon instructions says in downloading it, and the descriptions says the cause was java.lang.NullpointerException:pixelmon.Pixelmon, i dont know whatto do i followed some of yours and others instructions but it still has not worked, unless im doing something wrong someone plzzz help
By Nutt
AnDwHaT5 » 11 Mar 2014 16:41 wrote:So I herd you liek crashing? Well good! I am here to help to fix those pesky crashes! Welcome is Crash Reading 101. A "crash" coarse!

Minecraft runs very specifically especially when installing mods and the smallest error as you know can cause the mod to crash! >:( but do not fret! I am here to help!

Lets start. Here I have gathered a bunch of crashes around the pixelmon forum and compiled them in to one universal tutorial any one can understand!

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.disconnectIDMismatch(FMLClientHandler.java:598)

This is found under the section that says description, on the top of the report.

This means that there is a IDMismatch in your minecraft. Minecraft normally dosnt crash where there is a id mismatch. But when it does it is normally due to a force log on.
Force log ons can happen especially when on a hub server. This says that you have all the needed mods to join but your ids are wrong. How to fix you ask?
1. Try deleting your configuration files.
2. Try updating or downgrading your pixelmon (Assuming its pixelmon.)
3. Try contacting the server owner for more information. Maybe through their server post or a pm.

Java Version: 1.6.0_65

If this shows up in your system details of minecraft's crash report you are running the wrong java. As of 3/12/14 it is 1.7 (java version not minecraft incase of confusion) so please update your java.

Make sure you are also running the right version of forge. You can find the proper version of forge needed for pixelmon on the pixelmon download page.

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: pixelmon.Pixelmon

We longer need the zip to be unziped. Please put in the ziped folder. If it is ziped it didnt download right. Try downloading again from a different mirror or same dosnt matter.

I will add more as I find more posts on the forums ^_^ happy crashing. I think...

im haveing trouble with my pixelmon mod, everytime i try to get in, it crashes after showing mojang for a bit. Iv done everything the pixelmon instructions says in downloading it, and the descriptions says the cause was java.lang.NullpointerException:pixelmon.Pixelmon, i dont know whatto do i followed some of yours and others instructions but it still has not worked, unless im doing something wrong someone plzzz help :|
By TheGameAce
#125476 Nutt, your supposed to report bugs to the issue tracker. Otherwise try following this guide as best you can maybe?
By MoeBoy76
JustKili » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:33 pm wrote:Can anyone help me out with this ?

Spoiler:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 17/06/14 15:01
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/client/event/RenderGameOverlayEvent$Chat
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:149)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:697)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:231)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:507)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:806)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/client/event/RenderGameOverlayEvent$Chat
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.register(EventBus.java:33)
at pixelmon.client.gui.overlay.Overlay.register(Overlay.java:32)
at pixelmon.client.gui.overlay.Overlay.registerAll(Overlay.java:28)
at pixelmon.client.ClientProxy.registerRenderers(ClientProxy.java:120)
at pixelmon.Pixelmon.init(Pixelmon.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:540)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:696)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderGameOverlayEvent$Chat
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 47 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:171)
... 49 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
Java Version: 1.8.0_20-ea, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 66009616 bytes (62 MB) / 384827392 bytes (367 MB) up to 954728448 bytes (910 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.3.883 Minecraft Forge 9.11.0.883 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML{6.4.3.883} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.11.0.883.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge{9.11.0.883} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.11.0.883.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
pixelmon{3.0.4} [Pixelmon] (Pixelmon 3.0.4.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored

tried several things like:
-the recommended forge and the forge from the forge website for 1.6.4
-another minecraft launcher
-deleting the .minecraft folder
-deleting all other mods

Also since i saw this alot of times
i put the mod in the modfolder as a .zip package

you may have installed the correct version but you obviously didn't switch to it, to fix that, do the following:
open the launcher > edit profile > select release 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965 > save profile > play
also, please read the above post by IceMan8030
By JustKili
#127691 As i saidd
i tried them BOTH the one from the pixelmonsite (recommended one) and the one from the forge site itself none of em are working for me.
also tried now to install another Java version.

@iceman: thats the one from the forgesite i tried it its not working
isn´t that a supporting thread here ? *blush* sry bout that where to post my problem then >-< ?

edit: ok wrote now a support ticket thx for the fast answers
JOIN THE TEAM