Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By xWildxManx
#60801 First of all, sorry if this is already here or its in the wrong place, whatever.

Hey guys, WildMan here and I'm going to help you get started in Pixelmon.

Controls/General Info (Suggested by MrM): Here are some things you'll need to know about Pixelmon

1. R is to send out a pokemon and retrieve it when it is not in a battle
2. O will make your Pixelmon sidebar smaller (no detail) or bigger (Details such as HP, Level, Gender, etc)
3. To rename a pokemon you open your inventory and right click a pokemon, then select stats. Click the little R next to your Pixelmons name and type in the custom name you want. Also, if you click the L next to your pixelmons level, it can disable/enable leveling of your pokemon.
4.Vanilla mobs do not spawn in Pixelmon. You will need Miltank for Steak, Bird Pokemon for feathers, bugs for string, and many other supplies are dropped by pixelmon. the exception to this is when you find a dungeon, then the respective mob will spawn there.

Step 1a: Make a Bed

Making a bed can be very useful because it can heal your pokemon when you sleep. Start off by making some shears with 2 iron. Afterwards, search for a mareep (Usually spawn in taiga and plain biomes) and shear them for thier wool, them make your bed with 3 wood planks and 3 wool!

Step 1b: Make a wheat farm

Making a wheat farm is vital for food since itmight be hard getting food wherever your spawn is. It is easy if you live near a jungle since oddish, gloom, (bellsprout/weepingbell?) drop seeds. Also, if you live in plains or forest just break grass.

Step 2: Make a shelter for chests, furnaces, etc.

In pixelmon you will find yourself needing a lot of materials, therefor needing room to store them. It makes life easier if you have a chest organizer mod or something of the sort.

Step 3: Set up a mining area

You will definitely need many resources in pixelmon so it is good to set up a nice mining area for Diamonds, Iron, Bauxite, and other Ores. Bauxite Ore, which is needed for the Aluminium is found more in Extreme Hills and Forests at Y equal or greater to 41. Diamond I found is easy to find at or below layer 12, and Iron is spawned about 8-10 layers below ground level.

Step 4: Make your tools and gadgets

After you get a lot of ores such as Diamonds, Iron, and Aluminium you should start making the basic tools and gadgets of Pixelmon. Start by making a Healer for quick healing of your pokemon. Next make a PC to store your extra pixelmon. Next make a Pokedex (if you really want to) so you can log all of your pixelmon findings. Finally, make an anvil so you can make pokeballs.

Step 5: Get Apricorns and make Pokeballs

You can start off by getting any color apricorn, but I find it easiest to find yellow and black ones for ultra balls. Next, make a hammer by putting an ore type in the helmet formation, except with 2 sticks going down. You need to smelt the apricorns, put them in the right order in the crafting table, and hammer them on an anvil, then put them in with a stone button and iron base (Made by putting 3 iron in a row in a crafting table and hammering them.)

Step 6: Train your pokemon

You can do this anyway you please, but I find miltanks have much more xp than normal pixelmon, and are easy to kill at a low level

Hope you enjoyed my guide! Also, to forum mods, if you are going to delete this due to a misplacement, etc please gimme a heads up so I can at least save it.

Enjoy!

Special Thanks:

dasyn31- Gave me the details for Bauxite Ore!

By MissingNoL
MrMasochism wrote:How are they going to make a bed with no sheep?
Actually, I've been wondering this for a long time. It's wierd how on Pixelmon shop servers you can only sell wool instead of buy it. I've had to resort to killing spiders and destroying cobwebs for strings to make wool. It sucks because I have to find spawners since they don't spawn while using Pixelmon, and it's tough to make a grinder out of spider spawners.
By SPG
MissingNoL wrote:
Actually, I've been wondering this for a long time. It's wierd how on Pixelmon shop servers you can only sell wool instead of buy it. I've had to resort to killing spiders and destroying cobwebs for strings to make wool. It sucks because I have to find spawners since they don't spawn while using Pixelmon, and it's tough to make a grinder out of spider spawners.

*cough* mareep drop wool upon death *cough*
By xWildxManx

Updated with Mareep stuff ;P
By MissingNoL
SPG wrote:
MissingNoL wrote:

*cough* mareep drop wool upon death *cough*
Or by shearing, although Flaffy can't :P I was hoping I could give him another example (Weedle = string) for OP to use without having to write it myself, but oh well :P
...and with that, perhapsall drops should be covered?
By dasyn31
#61102 I'd suggest as a first step (if you're not playing in peaceful) make a quick wheat farm, as hunger is a big annoyance with no animals. After the farm you can just rely on Miltanks for beef, but I think this should be the first step. Another thing, for the mining area, keep in mind that Bauxite Ore, which is needed for the Aluminium is found more in Extreme Hills and Forests at Y equal or greater to 41.
By xWildxManx
#61153 k, updated with bauxite ore details and added a Special Thanks area for people who helped
JOIN THE TEAM