Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By AnDwHaT5
#72306 Ok, so on the universal pixelmon servers website which i manage one of my mods made a little boss guide that i thought was a great idea considering some confusion. Today i will be showing you a edited version of the guide.

Here's a simple guide to help prevent confusion between bosses and Shinies.

Growth

All Pokemon, whether is boss, normal, or shiny, will have different sizes. Every time you level a Pokemon, they increase in size. The growth rate that these Pokemon have can be one out of seven different possibilities. The smallest is Pygmy, with everything after that being larger, and the largest is Enormous.

Normal Pokemon

This is a normal Charmander, everyone has seen and fought normal Pokemon; they are the most common kind of Pokemon. These Pokemon can drop certain items that can be used for many things.

Shiny Pokemon

As you can see, Shiny Pokemon also have white text for their name, the only difference is that they are discoloured. There is a 1/8192 chance for a normal Pokemon to spawn as a Shiny.

Blue boss

Blue bosses are coloured blue, and will have a blue name. They can also be called a boss 1 or bossmode 1. They are the most common of bosses and drop a variety of stuff.

Red boss

Red bosses are coloured red, and will have a red name. They are fairly uncommon as far as bosses go but when you see them you can get some great loot from them! They are boss 2 or bossmode 2.

Yellow boss

Yellow bosses are coloured yellow, and will have a yellow name. They are the rarest of bosses available and are sure to drop some good stuff when killed.

We do not recommend catching these bosses for they sometimes mess up data files if done a certain way. I am still looking into that. They will not stay the same colour or size upon catching them.

By IceMan8030
MoeBoy76 wrote:is it worth adding that blue bosses are 5 levels higher than the highest level in your party, reds 10 levels and blues 20 levels
and also that as of this post MCPC somehow stops boss drops

I think you meant to say that Yellow Bosses are 20 levels higher. ;)
By PokeWillpower
#97050 Quick question!

Is there a way to disable Boss Spawning, and do you know if we will be able to in the next update due to the increased spawn control for Map-makers such as my self?

Followup question:
In the next update, will you be able to disable natural Pixelmon spawning in general? I've tried turning spawning off in the config but then you can't send out Pokemon OR spawn them with /Pokespawn...

Sorry for the nooby questions, i'm still learning. :shock:
JOIN THE TEAM