Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

Should there be a Gen 3 remake

67%
22%
11%

By SPG
#93281 no, the reason why gen 1 and 2 were remade was because you couldnt trade with gen 3, now that all gens have some form of connecting, 100% no point in any remakes anymore unless gen 7 (most likely 8) screws something up from moving to a new platform which i doubt because of pokemon bank
By Blaster
SPG wrote:no, the reason why gen 1 and 2 were remade was because you couldnt trade with gen 3, now that all gens have some form of connecting, 100% no point in any remakes anymore unless gen 7 (most likely 8) screws something up from moving to a new platform which i doubt because of pokemon bank

They may not need to, but lets be realistic, how many people still have R/S/E and who can be bothered transferring up from Gen III to IV to V to VI. I Still have my copy of Emerald (first pkmn game and all), the battery is dead so I can't do the time based events and, as I said before, it is tedious to transfer Pokémon up (especially into gen V) I'm hoping they do because I would like to see what they can do with Hoenn on the 3DS and with all the hints scattered throughout gen V and VI, it might be a possibility (I'm not saying confirmed because this is Nintendo we're talking about)

And one thing SPG, there may not be a point in making the gen III remakes, but has that stopped Sega from porting Sonic 1 to EVERYTHING. People are asking for Gen III remakes and chances are, it will sell if its made which is what a company like Nintendo primarily care about, its just business.
By SPG
Blaster wrote:
SPG wrote:no, the reason why gen 1 and 2 were remade was because you couldnt trade with gen 3, now that all gens have some form of connecting, 100% no point in any remakes anymore unless gen 7 (most likely 8) screws something up from moving to a new platform which i doubt because of pokemon bank

They may not need to, but lets be realistic, how many people still have R/S/E and who can be bothered transferring up from Gen III to IV to V to VI. I Still have my copy of Emerald (first pkmn game and all), the battery is dead so I can't do the time based events and, as I said before, it is tedious to transfer Pokémon up (especially into gen V) I'm hoping they do because I would like to see what they can do with Hoenn on the 3DS and with all the hints scattered throughout gen V and VI, it might be a possibility (I'm not saying confirmed because this is Nintendo we're talking about)

And one thing SPG, there may not be a point in making the gen III remakes, but has that stopped Sega from porting Sonic 1 to EVERYTHING. People are asking for Gen III remakes and chances are, it will sell if its made which is what a company like Nintendo primarily care about, its just business.

people have also been asking for a majora's mask remake, that logic doesnt apply to nintendo
By enkilleridos
#93355 I don't think that Gen 3 should be anything but a fan made remake here's why. If they remade gen 3 it would be for the 3ds. I have yet to give myself a reason to put down enough money on a console I am only going to play one or two games on when I could use that money for more important things. Like a new processor for my computer that I play more than one game on. And is needed for my hobby of making video games for my own enjoyment. However a fan made gen 3 remake could be done using a program used to make ds homebrew games. That I have but don't take it out in public because my phone plays homebrew nds games so much better and without costly addons.

Sure my mindset is kind of selfish in this, but unless Nintendo decides to make it for the DS as well, I would probably never play it. Any remake would be for the 3ds, Wii or Wii U I think it is called. But I have lost track of consoles due to the last console I bought was the gamecube (which I still love, and play)
By Blaster
SPG wrote:
Blaster wrote:

people have also been asking for a majora's mask remake, that logic doesnt apply to nintendo

With Majora's Mask in Link's house in Link between worlds and Skull Kid appearing as a assist trophy, the chances of a Majora's mask remake is also high. It will most likely be released after Zelda WiiU but there is still a chance (considering they have most of the assets required to make it thanks to Ocarina of Time)
JOIN THE TEAM