Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Blaster
#101874 http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/rumor-nint ... ehandheld/

Your opinions on this. If this is true, it would be much more powerful then the PS4 or X-box one. Is this panic mode due to the bad sales last year, a fail safe incase Smash 4 and the new Zelda don't sell consoles, Nintendo getting ready to rejoin the console wars once again, considering as it will have to compete with Sony, Valve and Microsoft (Assuming the Steam Machine doesn't kill Microsoft (Please do it!!!)) in the next generation or bullshit.

Thoughts?

By SPG
#101930 First of all, wii u just came out and 3ds is still going strong, second of all, if nintendo did this they would kill their entire company, people know nothing about how a business works do they?
By mclovinislegit
#101933 Exactly. 3DS pretty much saved Nintendo. WiiU was kinda of a fail. But they hope to keep getting sales. If you guys haven't seen, Nintendo is somewhat worried. But I think 3DS will save them.
By Animalol
#101937 If they just release a whole bunch of Zelda and Pokemon games for the 3DS, I'm sure they'll be fine.
On another note, the Fusion does sound pretty sweet. It would be nice to see if the rumor was true, but... I don't trust rumors at all. :b
By IceMan8030
#101943 Nintendo is not struggling with sales or money. Yes the Wii U did not sale like they had hoped but the Wii has continued to out sale ps3 and 360 for the past few years. Also Nintendo continues to bring in and maintain more revenue than either Sony or Microsoft gaming divisions. I actually read a nice article on console wars the other day and the one that seems to be struggling the most is Microsoft and they have reported that they may discontinue any xbox ventures in the near future. As for the 3ds it did help Nintendo recover from their losses on the Wii U but it is not their saving grace.
By SPG
#101945 3ds is far from saving them, nintendo has 15 BILLION in the bank, they arent in any trouble what so ever nor are they going to die any time soon, sony is the one people should worry about, game department is doing fine, everything lse is going to shit, the ps4 isnt enough to keep them alive th next 5-10 years

Also, its far too early to say anything failed, this gen JUST started, damn people are stupid

Here is how i see it, the wii u is like the 3ds, they both stuggled at the start, im confident the wii u will turn around just like the 3ds when we get zelda mk8 and smash (especially smash) if worst comes to worst it will end up like a gamecube, which is fine because that had some amazing games
By IceMan8030
#101947 Sony has been on the downhill slope for years, their products are over priced and not that great of quality if you ask me. That being said even if their other divisions were to shut down their gaming division would stay open but you may see a drop in quality of their gaming products.
By Blaster
#102042 If you read the specs carefully, it shows that this is bullshit. But I was talking to a friend of mine about this and I my opinion, a console using this idea (the portable being the controller for the console) sounds like a good idea and what I hope they go with. This is a long time off but maybe some day (because if this does become are reality, it will mean console Pokémon that you can take any ware
JOIN THE TEAM