Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By AZTERIX_
#114940 THE MOVE ROOM

Hello there! Welcome to the Move Room! My name is AZTERIX_! People call me the pokémon Master! This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I am just really good at Pwning other people's pokémon!

Here in The Move Room we discuss Pokemon move strategies and battling! Everything from UU and Little League to OU and Übers, all is welcome! Please leave your comments below on your favorite battling strategies, let us begin without further stalling!

By AZTERIX_
#114943 THE MOVE ROOM

Hello there! Welcome to the Move Room! My name is AZTERIX_! People call me the pokémon Master! This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I am just really good at Pwning other people's pokémon!

Here in The Move Room we discuss Pokemon move strategies and battling! Everything from UU and Little League to OU and Übers, all is welcome! Please leave your comments below on your favorite battling strategies, let us begin without further stalling!
By AZTERIX_
AZTERIX_ wrote:THE MOVE ROOM

Alright people, The Move Room is [OPEN]!!!!!!
By Aichu
#114956 uh.. whats a move room?
By AZTERIX_
#114958 OOH ur on, get on Skype. PS just read above:)
By Il_Lupo
#114973 Mind not double posting your own threads? And with this 'move room', does it have to be strategies in-game or can it just be really weird theories?
By 1Charak2
#114978 i think it can be Both

Utimate Powerhouse/staller Shuckle moves
Toxic rollout Rockslide and sometimes Knockdown

Toxic them while stalling so they die
or u can Use a stat swapping move to switch ur insane defence with ur shitty attack
and Bang the strogest yet slowest pokemon is at Ur side

(add trick room and u sweep nuff said
By Il_Lupo
#114997 A favourite of mine, which doesn't make any sense in-game, is my theory on how to kill Garchomp with lighting.

Hang on, this is a good one.

Hypothesis: Garchomp is part ground type. Due to its draconic nature, this inherent ground likeness is secondary, and therefore not a primary physical characteristic. Thus Garchomp has the body of a dragon and something about it which blocks out electricity; I theorise that this magical resistance is due to its rough skin, hiding the ordinary flesh and bone beneath.

Upon deciding this for my personal theory, I went on to wonder if there was a way to get past the hindrance of electricity-resistant skin.

...Yep! I came up with something almost feasible!

The Pokemon Jolteon has a coat made of needle-like fur, giving it a savage, spiky appearance. This fur is also peculiar in that it acts as a transformer; foreign, dangerous electric attacks are reformed into energy that the Pokemon can absorb and metabolise, giving it an energy boost along with a temporary ability to heal much faster than normal.

Jolteon is also capable of using an attack called Pin Missile. A weak bug-type attack that most ignore, since it isn't STAB and seems piddling compared to playing with Jolteon's speed stat and special attack electric moves. However, if you consider what I stated earlier about the unique properties of its fur, Pin Missile suddenly takes on a whole new level of interesting.

Most of those reading have probably figured this out already after the points discussed, but I will state this here anyway: what if Jolteon used Pin Missile to fire its coat at a Garchomp, sharp enough to penetrate the skin and into the flesh beneath? If the fur managed to bypass the normal resistances of Garchomp and tapped into the nervous system of the Pokemon, and Jolteon proceeded to use a powerful electric attack, would the embedded fur attract the electricity, transform it into normal energy, and 'inject' it into Garchomp?

This sounds like a strange idea, perhaps, but think also of this; Garchomp has never experienced any kind of foreign electrical energy. Unused to the assault on its muscular function, a powerful electric attack may just render it unable to continue to fight.

...Just a theory I came up with on the bus one day. :D
By AZTERIX_
#115045 wow, amazing theory...
That just might work if like in the Anime, or something(like using speed attacks against Lt. Surge's Gym.) I wish Pokemon was more realistic, then we could actually try this, unless.. Shigeki Morimoto thought of this insane idea and made it an easter egg!
JOIN THE TEAM