Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

Which pokemon generation is the best?

7%
14%
38%
25%
4%
12%
By bobbanana09
#127512 Who doesn't love gen 3? I mean come on, best villains (magma, aqua, and of course Cipher) and great storyline! I loved the pokemon too. I will say gen 2 and 4 are great too!

By Kyppie
#129513 I went with gen 2 because that is where I started I remember trading someone a Mario game for Pokemon Gold. And choosing Cyndaquil as my very first Pokemon ever. I has always liked them and watched the show but I never played the games because we didn't really have the money to just go out and buy new things. So that was awesome I remember playing it all the time. :)
By Gooby
#129701 Gen 5. It was inspired by New York and the western world I believe, and that's why I love it so much. Everything is drenched in pop culture, with the starters turning into luchadors, samurai and whatever the heck serperior is.

Another reason why I love it so much is because of the buff to bug types. For years gamefreak has treated the bug type as chicken nuggets for your fire starter to grind on, I love how many amazing bugs they gave us this gen (Scolipede, leavanny, galvantula, volcarona etc.) Vanniluxe and garbodor get crapped on a lot as well, but they're in my top ten lol. Sugimori was definitely inhaling something when he designed this gen.
By SSS1
#133933 I choose gen 2 mainly because you can go to johto and kanto (dont care about spelling). also there were some cool new features like breeding.
JOIN THE TEAM