Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By KoryNale
#126101 Before I get into this I'm just going to say if I make this it won't be connected to the pixelmon mod at all it will be a 3rd Party organization.

So outside of website the pixelmon moderators or admin team don't really help that much (no offense) they are to busy helping with forums or coding pokemon for the next update. So server owners who don't really know what they are doing are stuck with not much help. That's were the Pixelmon Helpers will come in. Every day I visit numerous servers looking at ideas to better my own. I notice a lot of these servers crash and I always try to help owner fix it and a lot of the times he does it. I've probably done this out of goodwill a good 50 times. Well there are a lot more servers that need help and only one of me. That's were we Pixelmon Helpers was born. We will make a website with a list of people on the help team and then forums for sever owners to post their issues. Pixelmon moderators and dev team do an amazing job and running website and making the mod possible. But there is no one out there to help run servers who need it. We are the Pixelmon Staff outside the website. So who is interested in becoming a Pixelmon Helper?

Again no connections to the Pixelmon mod this is strictly 3rd party

Add me on Skype kory.nale (has a pic) for a fast reply or comment here and I'll see it whenever we need to start getting a team together

By Mandoral
#126112 There are already 15 members of the support team. If you think they aren't doing their job, join the team and set a higher standard rather than overlook them completely. Those are 15 people that share your concern, why do you need to make a third party?
By MrPolarBearJ
#126125 Ehh, or you can just make a server helper sections, I would spend a lot of time in there. I love to help with fellow server owners. I would post TuTs or info on things, etc.
By Animalol
#126127 I'll have you know that we do more than the forums and coding. In fact, AnDwHaT and I do the exact same thing you suggested - we visit servers and help others with their server questions. There is no need for this "Pixelmon Support Team." This is something that we can't allow, "Pixelmon Staff outside the website." You simply can't appoint yourself to be Pixelmon staff. If you really want to help though, feel free to help servers on our forum when people provide crash reports, or have questions. But, remember, it won't be a third party team, simply you helping others out on our forum. If you really want, you can go onto servers and help there, but I recommend leaving that to us. Though, if we learn you're calling your team the "Official Pixelmon Helpers," there will be consequences.

Thanks,

Animalol
By Burgy
#126128 It's not that we don't help server owners. It's that they don't ask for help, they don't utilise our team.
There are fifteen of us and most likely thousands of Pixelmon server's and I do not see a plausible way to make it to every server and help them individually.

The only way to get help if you are a server owner is to ask questions in private messages to staff or ask in our ticket trackers here:
tracker.php
By KoryNale
#126157 I Know AnDWHat5 Helps servers all the time i meet up with em everywhere. And i already talked to Rhonim before i made this topic post and here is what he had to say. I Asked if we could make some kind of Pixelmon Helper Rank for the PixelmonMod and he said no i even asked the reasoning behind it and here it is

whats the reasoning behind the no?‏

J.P. [Rhonim]
‎5‎:‎33‎ ‎PM Its not something Pixelmon wants to have to worry about or manage.‏

me
‎5‎:‎34‎ ‎PM What if i make a 3rd Party Group that helps pixelmon servers? Would you guys be okay with this?‏

J.P. [Rhonim]
‎5‎:‎35‎ ‎PM As long as you're not claiming that you are related to Pixelmon Officially.‏

me
‎5‎:‎36‎ ‎PM Well when i get a Helper group together ima have an application forum where they can apply to be a helper and tell what they have done to help. And ima have a forum for people who need help with issues on their server. So Can you guys atleast say you approve of this idea so they know that we aren't trying to hack them or anything?

Not saying you guys dont do your job. I know many people on the pixelmon team and they do a wonderful job. You guys work on the mod itself and do alot of stuff but as Rhonim said himself its not something Pixelmon wants to have to worry about or manage. So that is were my plan as Pixelmon Helpers comes in. As i stated in the message to Rhonim it would be a 3rd Party group wont be associated with the Pixelmon Mod Team at all. So no one on it will call themselves official. If you have another idea where we can make a simple Forum section to help them or any flaw ideas i would love to hear it. Plan isnt perfect and opened to suggestions to make the Pixelmon Community a Better Place(:

Thanks,
By KoryNale
Mandoral » 29 May 2014 03:12 wrote:There are already 15 members of the support team. If you think they aren't doing their job, join the team and set a higher standard rather than overlook them completely. Those are 15 people that share your concern, why do you need to make a third party?

Read what i just put below. Rhonim said thats not something that they would want pixelmon to worry about or manage. and wont be allowed to claim you are offically related to pixelmon
JOIN THE TEAM