Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By IceMan8030
#127692 I agree that the limits that Mojang has put in the EULA are a little harsh but I guarantee you before this is all over with they will loosen these restrictions to a capped donation system. Right now Mojang is flexing their muscles to show the server owners they are not afraid to limit them to the bare minimum.

Do you really think Mojang gives a crap about any server that not hosted by Realms? NO they don't make any money from the servers so why should they. What Mojang cares about is the treatment of the players that have bought their game nothing more nothing less. More than half the servers out there take advantage of the donation system in one way or another and they are the ones that brought it to this point.

By Vctr
#127909 I find all those rules retarded, honestly, this is a way to f.. with the server makers, Hosting servers is NOT FREE, and not CHEAP... more players = you need more money to update your host.
Its really stupid the rule of you cannot charge players to enter a zone in your map, so basically they are restricting vip zone? and in the other hand you are allow to charge for complete acces to the server? are they retardd or what?I think ppaying for minecraft is enough, paying for entering a server is just too much, also, why do they complain about 100 dollars pack and all that? they are not making people buying it, you dont really need to, and if you dont like the server you go to another, thats how simple it is..
Honestly, Mojang this is a good way to f.. the server community.
By IceMan8030
#127912 Firstly this all didn't start because of $100 donations what started it is all the servers that use the "pay to win" method and what you have to pay to win is way more than $100 there are some very popular servers that were charging thousand of dollars for kits and kids were stealing parents credit card to buy ranks and so on. Mojang was receiving countless emails from parents a players alike complaining about this so this is there way of fixing the issue. I think even the people that agree with what mojang is doing will admit that this will hurt the server community but it will in no way kill it.
By bobbanana09
IceMan8030 » 19 Jun 2014 09:50 wrote:Firstly this all didn't start because of $100 donations what started it is all the servers that use the "pay to win" method and what you have to pay to win is way more than $100 there are some very popular servers that were charging thousand of dollars for kits and kids were stealing parents credit card to buy ranks and so on. Mojang was receiving countless emails from parents a players alike complaining about this so this is there way of fixing the issue. I think even the people that agree with what mojang is doing will admit that this will hurt the server community but it will in no way kill it.

If the server is good enough, it will earn donations from cosmetic items as well.
By IceMan8030
#127919 Trust me if a server is good enough people will pay for anything even monthly access. I like what mojang is doing to be honest as a player and a youtuber it is hard for me to find servers I enjoy playing on because of the donation ranks. Though ranks don't guarantee you a win in minigames or anything its does give you a big advantage over normal members.
By Vctr
#127921 yeah but how is suppose a new server to make profit in order to pay the host? now is gonna be harder for new servers to get money, and lots wil be removed before they can even reach 1 month, the only ones than can actually survive is the ones that are already famous..
By bobbanana09
Vctr » 19 Jun 2014 10:03 wrote:yeah but how is suppose a new server to make profit in order to pay the host? now is gonna be harder for new servers to get money, and lots wil be removed before they can even reach 1 month, the only ones than can actually survive is the ones that are already famous..

To start a server you have to have some type of budget. You cant just go in and beg for donations. You need your own money supply first. Probably about 6 months worth I would say.
By Vctr
#127924 thats obvious, but if your looking to open a server for ahving it online for long time you need donations in order to it to survive, but by having restricted access to only people who pay you are reducing a lot the peole who can play
By IceMan8030
Vctr » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:12 am wrote:thats obvious, but if your looking to open a server for ahving it online for long time you need donations in order to it to survive, but by having restricted access to only people who pay you are reducing a lot the peole who can play

Seriously running a server is not that expensive there are plans out there for minecraft servers that can support 100 people playing pixelmon for around $40-$60 a month depending on your payment plan. Each server will be able to find a way to support their server without having to sell kits or op items. It doesn't have to be pay to play there are several options as to how to make money. Minecraft was never intended for people to make a living off of it (except mojang) plain and simple and there are server owners out there making a boat load of money some of them millions.
JOIN THE TEAM