Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By GhostXavier
#136199 Work in Progress: About 20% Done as of 12.17.2014

So I've finally decided to pull the camouflage netting off my current mega build/fan project to share it with the world. It still has a long, long way to go, but I figure I'd share it first on the forums of the mod that inspired its foundation.

I am probably releasing this to the public once it's completed since it will be a server-ready map. Yes, this mega build is going to be a server but it's private for my personal friends only. This entire project, however, is a story & map package that will be released when it's good and ready (no mod pack included!)

(Yes, you can click the image for my imgur progress/teaser album)

Nuummite: Often called the Sorcerer's Stone
The Logotan continent, isolated by hundreds of miles of ocean, sits in a comfortable era of peace and stability. With technological advancement booming, the citizens have taken to the skies on airships powered by invention yet assisted through magic. Explore a visual world with dramatic variation as you collect badges on your way to become a Pokemon Champion. Advance with caution however, as regardless of what side of the moral line you tread, there will be plenty of enemies and monsters waiting in the shadows to end your journey. From the lowlands of Ryjuin Lake to the heights of the Taton Peaks, the world and its citizens are your's to interact with as you shape your own unique identity the continent will forever remember should your name enter the Hall of Fame. The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Welcome to Pokemon Nuummite.

So this is it. I've been constructing a giant map to house a Pixelmon RPG story for a private server with my closest friends. Now come the facts in bullets so you can see my vision:
  • A 100 Page main story given in PDF format. Four different, very distinct karma variations of the normal Pokemon Campaign make it 400 pages total for a main story. Choose between Good, Neutral, Evil or Special, each with three branching paths to further define your character. Are you the Chaotic Good Anti-Hero or the True Neutral? You decide.
  • Alternate Universe, Steampunk themed map. But what's with the feudal era Far Eastern and European structures? While the main theme is steampunk, it also has magical and exotic variation for the sake of losing repetitive sights.
  • Over 50 pages of extra content to further define your character in the form of the larger, organization affiliated side quests. Help Team Rocket rise to power over the other teams, help the Order keep the balance of good and evil, or help the Logotan Military stop a potential border conflict... your karmic role and decisions in your main quest affect access to these sidequests!
  • Thanks to Custom NPCs, non-karmic sidequests galore and fast travelling. Go searching in the ruins with the risk of encountering hostile mobs to get a relic, or defeat a high ranking official in one of the notorious criminal teams operating on the continent.
  • Getting slightly tired of running about on your sidequests and raising pokes? Or maybe you're getting obnoxious amounts of items and need a place to store? Build your home among the routes or within the cities, but listen to zoning limit and design requirements!
  • A fully sculpted landscape that will give a unique, visual experience with each city, town, route, and even cave. Inspired by a solo 48-day photography expedition around 17 National Parks on the US West Coast, the landscape will be made in an attempt to spark your inner wanderlust.
  • Fully automated Gym Battles, Elite Four, and a special tournament among the four karmic paths to decide who will be the new champion. Each town will house two gyms, but you only need the badge of one of the two to proceed past the CustomNPC gate on Victory Road. Fight both if you're daring! Including the Normal Gym (Trainer Academy), you have the ability to fight the 17 types of Pokemon, including the Dark gym.
  • Full continent map will be provided with the download (when available) for those who want a serious look at what this map contains (and in case you get lost)

FAQ

Is this entire thing built by you?
For the most part, yes. I am building a vast majority of the map, and have been for the past eight months (from 8.26.14). The noted exception are three of the main cities which two of my friends, Wuufwuuf and Boo200, have volunteered to make for some small server rewards when I launch it. Some others in my group of friends have also made some tiny airships to have near their future homes. Deadkoalas, a high school friend, has also gave me permission to house his 1:1 scale Titanic build on the server, and it will be gracing the oceans.

Will your server be public?
No, my server will not be going public, nor will it ever. Then why this post? Because the Map & Story pack that my server will be running on will be. That's why I insisted that everything on my map be majority built by me and a few pieces from my friends: so we can release the map to you when it's completed for you to have fun with too.

What mods are going to be on this?
I will reveal the big three right now along with a few others. Pixelmon (with Pixelutilites), CustomNPCs, Flan's Mod (with WWII Content Pack). Decocraft, Bibliocraft, OpenBlocks, and MyCrayfish's Furniture mods will also be needed if you don't want all the buildings to be emptied. I will reveal the other mods when this behemoth of a project

Will you have a mod pack?
Definitely no. For one, the main mod Pixelmon doesn't allow it to be placed in a mod pack. I'm also lazy with making a mod pack, so would much rather just make a list of mods you will require to get the full effect. Endless respect to the mod owners, you're definitely making my project look alive in my trials and tests!

Will you have progress updates?
Hell yes I will. I'm a travel photographer, so i'm already used to sharing work and progress (although securely because art theft sucks...). While I don't have a website for a dedicated log, I do have the imgur album I will be uploading screenshots of the small WIPs that bring this entire thing together.

Need any help?
Nah, no help needed and not looking for any extra hands. This is my personal project that I'm managing myself with only a few trusted personal friends managing to wiggle their way into the build. I may consider artistic help at one point or another; I can't draw to save my life and don't even get me started about my lack of graphic artistry that's not a photograph. What I CAN do is plow through build after build in Minecraft and write.

Just thought I'd share with you guys first! This is in no way, shape or form ready to be a Planet Minecraft project file considering how the main map isn't even ready. I'm currently waiting on a mod that introduces some map-gen ores to release so I can generate the actual main map to plant over a hundred of these pre-fabricated schematics into position.

Thanks for taking a look, and if you have any questions not addressed, feel free to ask!

By Cooldel23
#136257 This looks Amazing! I an think of a few mods that you might like though. One great mod is Enchiridion. Here is the page: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/enchiridion. I have a few more mods you might like so just ask. I cannot wait to see how this project turns out!
By GhostXavier
#136412 Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into the mod, but i've already playtested a lot of mods and compatibility to see what will work yet still fit the server theme. That said, Thaumcraft 4 and a few other big mods have made their way into the listing since two months ago, but i'm a little displeased with the 1.7 terrain gen lag. Fastcraft does a good deal to remove it, but if 1.8 really does fix those issues, I may just wait until mods update before I start real map development. So far it's just folders and folders worth of schematic files for dropping in with MCEdit (preferred) or world edit (worst case). I'll have to make the call when I get back though; I'll be in the Maasai Mara for around three weeks.
By GhostXavier
#143029 Necro and double post be technicality. Apologies if this breaks a rule, but one final update was in order.

The Planet Minecraft Project has finally been created.

So what does that mean? Well besides reaching 20% completion, it means there have been enough significant milestones met that this adventure map's construction should accelerate if anything.

The following has been completed since last update:
  • Map File, complete with full terraforming, is done. All the schematics I've been building and storing can now finally be planted onto the map after I do the micro terraforming for waterfalls, arches, and streams. The terraforming is by far the biggest step forward, since the base of the map is exactly how it should be.
  • Significantly more structures were created and existing ones were improved upon.
  • Two of the four main stories are completely written.

V 1.0 of the town map. Will likely split POIs, towns, etc. onto different maps.

And that's that. It's unlikely I'll be updating this post again in favor of keeping the project file as the source of information, but if anyone would like to discuss anything here I guess it's always open (unless it's locked for the necro post). But seeing as only one person commented before, I find that latter possibility will not be happening. If you took a look however, thanks! :-)
JOIN THE TEAM