Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By ToxicRyan
#139850 I know you say personal use is fine, but what if I'm running a server with more than one mod and I don't want to inconvenience the players? Technic makes it easier for players to get all the mods for the server.. I just really don't see why you guys don't want it on there for large scaled servers.

By Burgy
#139851 The download wouldn't be official and people can put malicious content into the mod; and even generate revenue via ads/donations. We understand that you yourself might not do this however if we allow the entirety of the internet to do this, it would get way out of hand as it has in the past. Sorry for your inconvenience, however you can Put all other mods into a Mod Pack and release d tutorial on how to install Pixelmon manually.
By ToxicRyan
#139866 Hasn't Pixelmon already done the whole "add malicious content into the mod" thing? Annnd technically you can't really stop anyone from putting it into a modpack as you cannot copyright a minecraft mod as it would go against the EULA. It just seems unnecessary to say you don't want anyone to put it in a technic pack.
By Isi
#139868 Actually, we can claim copyright onto our mods, which is clearly stated in the EULA:-

Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game ("Mods") (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them. We have the final say on what constitutes a tool/mod/plugin and what doesn‘t.

The EULA is subject to any legal rights you might have. Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit any of your rights that may not be excluded under law nor shall it exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence nor any fraudulent representation.

Please don't try to argue this, we've seen it enough times 'But content blah blah'. No. Doesn't fly. If your thoughts were as such you wouldn't have sought permission in the first place.
JOIN THE TEAM