Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By HelenTheHero
#151946 So, let's start with my team. My team is (IN ALL IT'S GLORY)

Sylveon Image
Aerodactyl Image Image
Nidoking Image
Greninja Image
Dragonite Image
and Charizard. Image Image

What I need really is a replacement for my Charizard. I'm no expert on EVs, IVs, Natures, Breeding, etc. I don't even use them. But, for once, I want to give it a try. I really want to replace my Charizard because really... all I use it for is Fire type moves, Mega Evolving, and HM Cut. Does anyone have any Pokemon suggestions for a replacement? I think it would need to be...

DEFINITELY Not a Flying type, I have 3 currently and it's a major disadvantage.

Please something that can Mega Evolve, I know it's not needed, but I feel I can't always just use my Aerodactyl.

A Fire type or Grass type would be welcomed, or any Pokemon that can learn Fire or Grass type moves. My move pool for the team is mostly for the type (Nidoking knows two Poison, a Normal, and Rock type attacks.) but I know now I need to broaden my moves to keep the Pokemon in the battle.

Also, any tips for breeding, EVs, IVs, and Natures is extremely appreciated. Thanks for reading this huge block of text! :-D

More info on the team is here:

Pokemon: Sylveon.
HP: 341
Attack: 202
Defense: 150
Sp. Attack: 270
Sp. Defense: 295
Speed: 166
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Cute Charm
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Moves: Secret Power (Normal Type I think), Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Shadow Ball.

Pokemon: Aerodactyl
HP: 269
Attack: 234
Defense: 165
Sp. Attack: 154
Sp. Defense: 178
Speed: 314
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pressure
Characteristic: Highly persitent
Moves: Giga Impact, Fly, Iron Head, and Rock Slide.

Pokemon: Nidoking
HP: 285
Attack: 244
Defense: 179
Sp. Attack: 178
Sp. Defense: 173
Speed: 215
Nature: Impish
Ability: Rivalry
Characteristic: Proud of its power.
Moves: Strength, Toxic, Rock Tomb, and Venoshock.

Pokemon: Charizard
HP: 276
Attack: 223
Defense: 178
Sp. Attack: 223
Speed: 231
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
Characteristic: Strong willed
Moves: Cut, Blast Burn, Heat Wave, and Shadow Claw.

Pokemon: Greninja (Mr. Bubbles)
HP: 266
Defense: 132
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defense: 170
Speed: 283
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Torrent
Characteristic: Likes to relax
Moves: Night Slash, Hydro Cannon, Rock Smash, and Dive.

Pokemon: Dragonite (Shimmer)
HP: 321
Attack: 306
Defense: 225
Sp. Attack: 228
Sp. Defense: 214
Speed: 192
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Thunder Wave, Steel Wing, Surf, and Blizzard.

By Some Body
#151948 What are you using this team for? Battle Spot? Maison? Friends who also don't play competitively? Single Battle or Doubles? What are their moves and Natures? There's not enough info to go off of here. It's also very important for four of these Pokémon to have their hidden Abilities, and since this looks like it could have just been your XY in-game team transferred to ORAS and you don't breed, I doubt any of these Pokémon have those Abilities and will be much less effective than they could be as a result.
By HelenTheHero
#151951 This was a casual team, but recently I've wanted to try competitive. I'll go see their Natures and Abilities later (3DS needs to charge.) The move sets I can remember on my team easily are;

Sylveon knows Hidden Power, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, and Shadow Ball. It's ability is Cute Charm.

Nidoking knows Toxic, Venostrike (Something like that :P) Rock Tomb and Strength. It's ability is Rivalry.

Greninja knows Rock Smash, Night Slash, Surf, and Hyrdo Pump/Cannon.

Dragonite knows Ice Beam, Thunder Wave, Surf, and Steel Wing.

Charizard knows Heat Wave, Cut, Blast Burn and Shadow Claw.

Aerodactyl knows Giga Impact, Iron Head, Fly, and Rock Slide.
By Some Body
#151958 If you want to go competitive then you'll have to breed if you want to have a chance at winning. Certain hidden Abilities (Pixilate, Sheer Force, Protean, Multiscale) are essential, and subpar stats due to lack of focused EVs, IVs, or a good Nature will make you lose much more often. Your moves are not going to serve you very well either. All of the useless HMs like Cut and Strength are wasted moveslots, and Hyper Beam clones leave you wide open, among a bunch of other issues that I'd rather not be typing on a mobile device. Also, Hidden Power says nothing if you don't say what type it is.
By HelenTheHero
#151962 Okay, got everything down here correctly and I'm editing the main post. I would like to breed too, but I would probably use the same Pokemon for parents for my two females. (Sylveon and Dragonite.)

Pokemon: Sylveon.
HP: 341
Defense: 150
Sp. Attack: 270
Sp. Defense: 295
Speed: 166
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Cute Charm
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas.
Moves: Secret Power (Normal Type I think), Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Shadow Ball.

Pokemon: Aerodactyl
HP: 269
Attack: 234
Defense: 165
Sp. Attack: 154
Speed: 314
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pressure
Characteristic: Highly persitent
Moves: Giga Impact, Fly, Iron Head, and Rock Slide.

Pokemon: Nidoking
HP: 285
Attack: 244
Defense: 179
Sp. Attack: 178
Sp. Defense: 173
Speed: 215
Nature: Impish
Ability: Rivalry
Characteristic: Proud of its power.
Moves: Strength, Toxic, Rock Tomb, and Venoshock.

Pokemon: Charizard
HP: 276
Attack: 223
Defense: 178
Sp. Attack: 223
Speed: 231
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
Characteristic: Strong willed
Moves: Cut, Blast Burn, Heat Wave, and Shadow Claw.

Pokemon: Greninja (Mr. Bubbles)
HP: 266
Defense: 132
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defense: 170
Speed: 283
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Night Slash, Hydro Cannon, Rock Smash, and Dive.

Pokemon: Dragonite (Shimmer)
HP: 321
Attack: 306
Defense: 225
Sp. Attack: 228
Sp. Defense: 214
Speed: 192
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Thunder Wave, Steel Wing, Surf, and Blizzard.
By JeanMarc
#151964 If you want to get into competitive, you'll need to rebreed your whole team for better IVs/abilities/natures.

First of all, you'd need to catch completely a completely new Eevee, Frogadier, Nidorino and Dragonair, like Some Body said, since they all rely on their hidden abilities (Pixilate, Protean, Sheer Force and Multiscale respectively) to be any good. As for the natures, here's what I'd recommend:

Sylveon - Modest
Aerodactyl - Jolly
Nidoking - Modest or Adamant, based on if you want to go with a physical or a special set (Modest is recommended usually)
Greninja - Timid
Dragonite - Adamant

and for your last pokemon I would recommend a relaxed Ferrothorn, as it allows to give you the grass type you wanted along with a dragon-fairy-steel core. As for the moves themselves, it would be useful if you would explain if it's for battle spot or battle maison, and more importantly, if it's for single, double, triple or rotation battles, since that will change the sets you should use.
By Some Body
#151966 -Sylveon's Nature really depends on what you're using it for. It can go defensive with Calm/Bold as well as offensive Choice Specs Modest.
-Nidoking has a far better special movepool and typically goes special (although sometimes with Superpower for a certain pink blob). Modest works for certain threats but Timid is the standard as there are a bunch of Pokémon that would otherwise outspeed it.
-Greninja these days run Gunk Shot a lot and Low Kick rather frequently as well, making Hasty/Naive preferred over Timid.
By JeanMarc
#151967 Even with the mixed set, I've seen Timid being recommended often for Greninja, as with only a few attack IVs you can still pick up the 1HKO on Azumarill with Gunk shot.

For Nidoking, even if Special is usually the very superior set, a physical one is still technically possible too, although not as good.

Got nothing to say on Sylveon, pretty true.

Still need to know for which kind of play. All that's for sure is that it's not for smogon play since there's Greninja.
By Some Body
#151968 The fact that you're taking out of Special Attack (or Speed) EVs to invest in Attack means you may as well use those Natures take out of Greninja's defensive stats instead, which are not going to be of much use regardless.

As for those moves:
-Secret Power is a different move entirely, and entirely useless in battle (and always Normal type. If it were actually Hidden Power there would have been potential uses if it had been something like Fire. Granted, to have Pixilate you'd need to breed it so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Having Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast is redundant; Dazzling Gleam if you're doing Doubles/Triples and Moonblast for singles. If you breed for Pixilate then Hyper Voice outclasses both of them.
-Giga Impact is useless, period. After you use it, your opponent has a free turn to set up or just KO you while you sit there watching. It also lacks any super effective coverage. Fly is a two-turn move that can easily be taken advantage; use Aerial Ace instead if you're using Mega Aero, and if you're not, there are other better coverage or utility moves like Earthquake and Taunt.
-Strength is no good, having no super effective coverage and also no STAB; Nidoking has way too many coverage options to waste a moveslot on a Normal-type move. Toxic-Venoshock is let down by Nidoking's average defenses and the fact that two Sludge Waves deal more damage than the combo without being vulnerable to the opponent switching out. Sheer Force makes this even worse, as Venoshock isn't boosted by it. Rock Tomb is too weak to be considered; Stone Edge or Rock Slide will serve you much better, and if you're running Sheer Force, special Nidoking is better anyway.
-Charizard X is a physical attacker and Flare Blitz would serve you better than Heat Wave. Blast Burn is bad for the same reasons Giga Impact is, leaving your opponent a free turn. Shadow Claw is far too weak and offers no useful coverage; a Dragon-type STAB like Dragon Claw or Outrage would help much more. Cut is far too weak and offers no coverage.
-Greninja's Special Attack is better so it runs Dark Pulse over Night Slash. Hydro Cannon suffers from the free turn it gives the opponent just like Blast Burn/Giga Impact, so Hydro Pump or Scald are preferred. Rock Smash and Dive are both useless HMs.
-Dragonite is a predominantly physical attacker and special coverage moves are not going to help. You don't even have its Dragon-type STAB in Dragon Claw/Outrage so it's not hitting very much. Thunder Wave can be useful but on some other Pokémon; Dragonite has better things to be doing most of the time.
By HelenTheHero
#151997 Okay, I see what you mean. My Dragonite isn't the best also, because I didn't evolve it until level 93... yeah. I can see breeding her and Sylveon the easiest though, seeing as they are the only females on my team. I bred Dragonite already too, and I have a male Dratini. I'll have to check his nature, etc. I regret restarting my X game now though, because it will be much harder to get a couple of my team. A Ferrothorn is actually a good idea, seeing as I find them super hard to beat when I do the Battle Spot.
JOIN THE TEAM