Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By HelenTheHero
#152725 What do you mean by a Perish Trapper? I'm thinking of Perish Song by that. I looked at Mega Gengar's ability Shadow Tag and I see it works like Mean Look, etc. Would this mean that Mega Gengar would trap the opponents, and then use hard-hitting moves? I can see it not entering first though, because it would be better to switch in once Pokemon enter that are weak to Ghost and Poison.

By Some Body
#152741 The basic premise is using Perish Song and trapping the opponents with Shadow Tag, stalling with moves like Protect, Substitute, etc., and switching out on the last turn so both of your opponents faint and you don't.
By HelenTheHero
#152751 Ohhh, nice, I understand that. But I thought you can't switch out a Pokemon when Perish Song is on it? Or does the turn count go off when you switch out?

Also wondering, i'm going to breed the Noibat and Riolu I got from the GTS soon, what Natures should I go for?
By Some Body
#152758 Perish Song itself isn't stopping you from switching (that's actually the way you get rid of it), but Shadow Tag does.

Noivern goes for Timid or Hasty depending on whether you want U-turn (and something just goes Timid anyway even if it does).
Lucario (especially Mega Lucario) can go physical or special, +attack stat or +Speed depending on your moveset and team needs, making Adamant, Jolly, Modest, and Timid all viable.
By HelenTheHero
#152762 I see, so I would use Perish Song with Mega Gengar, and then switch out my other Pokemon so that it won't faint from it.
By HelenTheHero
#152767 Yeah, I probably want to get a good team in the actual game before setting one up on the Smogon battle simulator thing that's name I forgot.
By JeanMarc
#152794 I personally would recommend the opposite. Because by using pokemon showdown, you can find out if the things you try work or not and then you can adjust/replace pokemon easily in there before needing to rebreed pokemon and finding out that your old one(s) weren't as good as you hoped and ends up being useless/wasted time.
By TheGameAce
#152806 I thought up the perfect team to use... Magikarp with Splash, followed off by 5 more splash Magikarp... It's too overpowered to be beaten.

But yeah, with Perish Song, I see those every once in a while in Doubles OU, usually using Mega Gengar and Gothitelle for their Shadow Tag ability, often running protect to last as long as possible.
JOIN THE TEAM