Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Tahlavos17
#175166 Hello everyone

I would like for you to lend me a few minutes of your precious time to discuss this momentous topic for a franchise many of us have enjoyed since 1996.

Since the talented artist who have helped create pixelmon have dedicated not only their time but shared their enjoyment for a franchise many of us grew up with all of us in the minecraft realm of endless possibilities. I hate to say this really since I enjoy this mod very much, but I think the creators of pixelmon in certain aspects move from the realms of minecraft mod creating to a much bigger platform and that is the massive step towards creating a huge game demo not only for fans of Pokemon but also to show Nintendo, and Game Freak that a group of dedicated fans can make a better game then a team full of programmers and still keep a huge enjoyment for the game relevant for years to come. I for one am very disappointed in the Pokemon franchise for many different reasons but a good amount of it is to keep many kids coming back for more, but what about those who are in their mid to early 20's who still enjoy the franchise huh? I'm suggesting that the developers of pixelmon should maybe break away from just making a minecraft mod into something bigger. I would like to see a pokemon game that is die hard intense not only for me but for many fans of Pokemon while still remembering their roots have it where it has the option to chose first person view or over head view of the main player with stylish 3d models, and many more features. I think this is a great idea in many cases but what are your opinions on this?

By harrymanhire
#175169 I think I get what your saying I like it but I really don't think the pixelmon team are going to make a fan made full 3d game if that's what you ment by this also this is a mod for Minecraft there is 3d fan games out there that are online also get reddy for a link from somebody that takes you to the wiki or something because that's what he seems to do lol but I don't think Nintendo world like it if the pixelmon Team did such thing also I'm going to stop now so good bye lol :) too much for me @.@ Zorua has fainted it was super effective
By Tahlavos17
#175179 I get what you are saying mate but let me add a few more details to the point ofactually being worth it for you if the pixelmon team developed a small demo for the Nintendo and Game Freak to the point of offering not only the rights and profit of the game but also saying hey we are fans of pokemon and we are willing to allow our fan made minecraft mod to be played on any of the Nintendo Minecraft Editions? we are also willing to offer up certain features that you could if you wanted to implement into the next pokemon game.
By SnowBlitzz
#175180 It might violate some copyright stuff which I'm not very familiar of yet.

I like the idea though, but I don't think the team will move on to greater heights just yet, nor will they ever. I do agree that the new pokemon games do not cater to us much anymore. I enjoyed the hard mode back then but that got removed. Technically the original games just got too easy. EXp share, breeding, ev training - all too easy now compared to before. I've lost interest in the game due to the changes. That's why pixelmon has been fun for me, it still offered difficulty customizing and every server is unique with their setup.
By Tahlavos17
#175182 I agree with you on that one SnowBlitzz, we had a good amount of challenge when we played the Gen 1 game Red, Blue, Green (Japan Exclusive Only), Yellow Special Pikachu Edition those games were fun now everything is too easy. I enjoyed those memories of playing Yellow Version Special Pikachu Edition.
By harrymanhire
#175184 I think the new games are easy because everyone knows how the typeing works how the game works so your like useing what you know from gen 1 into gen 6 and now into gen 7 also do you mean that pixelmon should team up with Nintendo?
By Tahlavos17
#175188 In certain aspect yes since lets look at this mod first since it is a fan make pokemon mod made for minecraft it only is right that it will only be availabe on the Nintendo Minecraft Edition only when they fix many issues with including mods on any console. Secondly the mod has many great ideas for items like the Isi's Golden Hourglass, and the Isi's Silver Hourglass to be added for people who complete not only the regional dex but also the national dex. Thid if Nintendo like the concept of this mod they might offer a job for an online multiplayer Pokemon Virtual World game where the possibilities can grow even bigger. Forth and final not only will we not need to wait for the current gen pokemon to be added but also we will get them before the next upcoming gen for pokemon.
By harrymanhire
#175211 Cool but what mojang and Nintendo can do is add a pokemon skin pack and texturpack for the Wii u and later on the ps3 ps4 xbox360 and xboxone
By Tahlavos17
#175230 most texture packs look awful and are just other items in place of the true model while with mods they are end possibilities to a single mod.
By harrymanhire
#175231 So dose not mean the consul versions should have mods that's not the point of them though
JOIN THE TEAM