Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Dracoman355
#72032 Ok so on a server I am building a team of normal type pokemon since in an event i got a hold of a shiny porygon ^-^ and i would love if you guys post suggestions for who i should add to the team. i didnt know where to pos this and since it felt off topic i felt i would post it here.

By DutchKroket
#72036 Snorlax/Pidgeot(yes he is normal/flying)/Blissey/ThatStupidCowThing/Ratticate
By zero_breaker
#72404 Chansey(before Blissey/after Eviolite) or Blissey (when she's avalible) to troll people with Toxic stall :3
By MissingNoL
#73321 The problem with normal typing is everything. It's not super effective against anything and has no resistances (except Ghost, but most just carry Focus Blast). The first thing you need is something to take out Fighting-types (which destroy Normals), both Rock-types and Steel-types (Normals cannot harm them as greatly), and Ghost-types (which can't be touched by Normal moves). Most of this can be remedied with the right coverage moves, but carrying a Normal/Flying type is a good idea.
DutchKroket wrote:Snorlax/Pidgeot(yes he is normal/flying)/Blissey/ThatStupidCowThing/Ratticate
Snorlax is great as a wall, but Pidgeot? Pidgeot, due to its terrible stats and abilities, is worse than Dodrio and Fearow (the two much better options, better equipped to take down Fighting-types); it's outclassed by pretty much every other Normal/Flying in the game. Miltank is great to have as a support Pokemon, but if you have it, Chansey would do heaps more (in the defensive department, don't even try to attack with it outside of Toxic). An alternative to these two would be Clefable. Once the ability Guts is in-game, Raticate can be used somewhat effectively: Porygon can sweep specially while Raticate can attempt it physically.
If you're going for Porygon-Z (a fast, but frail special attacker), I would recommend:
zero_breaker wrote:Chansey(before Blissey/after Eviolite) or Blissey (when she's available) to troll people with Toxic stall :3
If you're going for Porygon2 (a bulky, but mediocre special attacker), I would recommend:
The_Nanobots wrote:Tarous.
Keep in mind that Normal-types kind of blow in general (click here), and a mixed team involving Porygon would do much better. And I'm sorry if my guide doesn't make much sense, I wrote this early in the morning.
By Dracoman355
#74494 These have all been very helpful.

My current team
Porygon (of course)
Snorlax
Chansey
Dodrio
Persian
Milktank

Thank you all for your suggestions :)
(saw a red boss persian couldnt resist :3)
By Generation_X
#74880 Missing is just about right on the money. Normal in general sucks, Normal without some gimmick like SmashPass Smeargle is just laughable. Porygon2 makes a pretty decent bulky Special Attacker, but he doesn't have his Eviolite yet, so don't count on taking many hits with him. Chansey is a stupidly bulky Special wall (nothing short of +2 252+ Porygon-Z's Adaptability Tri Attack can even OHKO 0/0 Blissey on the Special side, although Psyshock ruins him), and Snorlax is a less bulky but more powerful offensively Special wall. The problem is Normal literally does't have a single decent Physical wall, even in the games. So basically anything with Close Combat is going to utterly rampage you and there's very little you can do about it.
JOIN THE TEAM