Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Chison
#78687 Hey everyone, I wasn't sure if this belongs into "Art and Media" or "Off Topic" since both of those include topics which feature pictures and screenshots, so if I am wrong here please move it to the right place.

There are likely a lot of builders among us and most of us probably play on servers too, so you may have build a gym. I am interested to see what you build for the different types. Of course I am going to start by showing my gyms, feel free to talk about as your gyms as much as you want, and in great detail, but please put them into spoilers to keep it nice and clean.

Normal Type Gym
Spoiler:
This is my most boring gym and my first one I build. It's located in a plains biome near a river and I tried making it feel sort of like a ranch. Inside you will find a plains-type battlefield and the pixelmon you fight are normal type, and common pixelmon you would expect on a ranch, like Miltank, Tauros and Kangaskhan, etc.

The platforms on either side of the battlefield are for guests/fans/referee who are watching the video.

Water Type Gym
Spoiler:
My second gym is a water gym. I like building underwater and it's not as difficult as many people think. Pixelmon you will fight here are Blastoise, Golduck, etc.

The pipe in the background is a water elevator and the normal entrance to the gym, the box on the left is a teleporter which are allowed on my server and the box in the foreground is a nether portal. You can see the overall design is blue/clean, I am using glass so you can see outside and see the pixelmon swimming by and mostly lapis blocks for the outside blue, and glowstone lighting.

The visitor area. Here you enter the gym and prepare for battle, you can see some signs in the background, those are the gym rules. And then you go down to fight the gym leader.
You can also spectate from here if you are not fighting.

The actual arena is pretty basic water arena. Just one deep water so it's not difficult to start the battle and sandstone platforms floating on the water,I tried birch wood but i find sandstone to look better.

Ice Type Gym
Spoiler:
Now the Ice Type Gym is my first "real" gym. As you are aware of in the games you usually face a challenge before you fight the gym leader and I was thinking about what kind of challenges you can create in Minecraft and since I didn't had a chance to build with redstone in a while I decided to make an Ice Type Gym.

The location is right next to a Pokemon Center (I am standing on it in the picture) and the gym itself is underground. When you drop through the whole in the ice you fall 3 blocks deep. To get out there is a timed button which activate a 2x2 triple extending platform that will lift you up so you can step outside again before retracting. Following the only tunnel available you will reach the trainer's challenge.

It's an ice labyrinth, it's not big, but the idea is that the trainers have to battle each other if they meet inside the labyrinth. And as you know you can't see ice through ice so it's not that easy to find the right path.

Lastly a plain battlefield again, ice and snow to make it look frosty.

Now those are my three gyms. After I completed the Ice Type Gym I decided to retreat for a while and wait for the next update because I couldn't decide on a team for the Ice Type Gym yet, so I am currently working on my own base :)

I hope to see some of your creations.

JOIN THE TEAM