Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Rzxa
#88956 So I was thinking of A team with Staraptor and a mega pinsir
And this is the moveset it thought for Staraptor
Staraptor
Adamant Nature
Reckless Abilty
Life Orb
Evs
252 Atk- 252 Spe-4 Hp
Steel Wing
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Protect
And
Pinsir
Nature not sure yet
Abilty any
Pinsirnite
Evs
Don't know yet
Moveset
Don't know yet.
So as you know I'm constructing a team
So tell which pokemon what to add and the moveset and which to replace
Except Staraptor
This is gen 6 not pixelmon
I need reason why it should be added and replace

By Waterboyr
#89023 Well garchomp would be awesome for your team. He only has two weaknesses and if fire and electric types came which could demolish your current team you'd need garchomp to take them out. And he can mega evolve.
Aggron has no weaknesses besides water and can mega evolve to where water can't hurt it but ground can in case of a bad match up like a blastoise.
Then Lanturn would be a good choice for it can take out bugs or flying types and rock and ground all at the same time. And once again it has only two weaknesses and while ground is one you can blast it with water.
Now you'll need a fire incase of a grass type or steel which could hurt you a lot.
Houndoom would fit because he could take out ghost and grass and others. And he can mega evolve.
That would be a balanced out team to me unless you want some grass or psychic type.
Hope this helps but I didn't say moves because you can do that yourself!
By Rzxa
#89227 Thx Waterboyr
I will consider it when I have time
By KuryoZT
#89285 Ok, remember I just started looking at strategy, so it's not that good advice, but at least I've looked at a bunch of battles, and that's what I can say.
If ya wanna use Pinsir, then another pokemon to add would be a rapid spinner, and if Staraptor attacks, then a Staller, so a tank, would be needed too. Then, since Pinsir is weak to fire/flying/rock, and Staraptor to rock/flying/ice, what'd you need would be to cover against those, but fire would be last to cover, since with stealth rock, not many fire, or pure fire at least, are played in competitive battles.
I also noticed that good players take two pokemon that can Mega Evolve, so your opponent doesn't know which one will megaevolve, and since for some, especially Pinsir, it changes their types, Pinsir will gain a *4 weakness to rock, and to the rest of Strap's.
So really cover lightning with a ground one, like garchomp would be great.
Then I'd play someone with Ice/water, like Lapras (I love Lapras!)
Your own lighting pokemon, like Eelektross, with levitate it's weaknessless. The only one right now.
Maybe a fighter, with ghost/dark attack. or Medicham, psychic/fight is good right? Though it covers Ice/lightning too (with fists)
With the new type, a Fairy would be a great adition, and a poison/steel one.
Replacing Garchomp with Steelix would cover that, but reinforce the need for Medicham with psychic attacks.
But since it doesn't learn good ones, maybe you can find more ways to cover types goodly.

Currently I'm trying my own thing, Dusknoir Lapras Jolteon Crobat Tyrranitar Heracross, I wanna know what yall think about that idea.
By Rzxa
#89369 Also a good idea
So garchomp would be added in my team when I learn about the movesets
By Rzxa
#91003 well im updated it i replace most of the pokemon
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SDef / 48 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock