By MrRokusho
#104118 How do i make one big UV-map for all the limbs of my model in blender? (my model consists of multiple objects a.k.a. limbs)
Im reading a lot of comments on google that say it's not possible, if it isn't how should i do this then? Is there anyone using blender who can tell me how you do it?
Or isn't it necessary at all and can i just add textures for each object/limb independently?

By MrRokusho
#104216 Ok so this is what i've managed to put together:
However this was made by exporting the uv-maps of all objects / limbs and merging them together in paint.
Which means that every object still uses his own material conected to one image however, is that ok ?
By MrRokusho
#104683 Bummmmmmppppppp
By MrRokusho
#104869 Still bump...
By Foquine
#105324 Bumping after 5 hours is called spam.
By MrRokusho
#105371 Dude, this post has been here since 28 Jan 2014 04:16 the first bump was at 29 Jan 2014 20:00 which is 40 hours later. The second bump was at 30 Jan 2014 01:50 which is as you've calculated very well 5:50 hours later (6 hours). So that means 2 bumps in a timespan of 46 hours, which is about 1 bump a day, you consider that spam?
By Foquine
MrRokusho wrote:Dude, this post has been here since 28 Jan 2014 04:16 the first bump was at 29 Jan 2014 20:00 which is 40 hours later. The second bump was at 30 Jan 2014 01:50 which is as you've calculated very well 5:50 hours later (6 hours). So that means 2 bumps in a timespan of 46 hours, which is about 1 bump a day, you consider that spam?

Considering your original post was on weekdays, yes. It is.. but this wasn't what I was refering to...

This is:
Re: Need help: UV-unwrapping!
Postby MrRokusho » 29 Jan 2014 15:00

Bummmmmmppppppp

Re: Need help: UV-unwrapping!
Postby MrRokusho » 29 Jan 2014 20:50

Still bump...

5 hours. So ya, it is spam...
By Arsonist
MrRokusho wrote:Ok so this is what i've managed to put together:
However this was made by exporting the uv-maps of all objects / limbs and merging them together in paint.
Which means that every object still uses his own material conected to one image however, is that ok ?

If you combine all the meshes, limbs and all, into one object (i think it's ctrl+m for blender, if that's what you're using) do they still not combine into the same map?
If they don't, try assigning a new material to the newly combined object, and see if that works.
By MrRokusho
#107802 Ctrl J joins objects together, but if it's one object, Isn't that going to intervere with animating?
Also TheBootyEdition is working on some new textures for me so I think he'll make a new UV-map himself.
By Arsonist
#107814 Things can be separated later if they need to be, what's important now is the UVmap, right?
And really, come to think of it, the problem would probably be that the model has multiple materials. Easy to fix, in maya at least.
JOIN THE TEAM