By Arsonist
#106932 Depends. On something like Unown, not really, but on something more complex like charizard it'd be too low.
Think of it this way, if you need polygons in a spot so that you can get this important detail that can't be conveyed with texture, like the mouths of hydreigon's heads, or the spiky teeth on said heads, then use polygons. If you feel that something needs depth that you can't convey with texture, use polygons, if something absolutely needs to have a decent curve in an arm or a wing, use polygons, but use them sparingly If something needs to have a perfect curve and you feel like you should add 20 edge loops to make it look perfect, don't.
When we talk about polycount, it's less about the overall number and more about the use of those polys.
By Krotuskang
#107010 Yeah, I actually just starting playing with textures..... I can say I am awful, and have no idea how they really work... but with the unowns I am only running into higher poly since I am trying to make the not hollow squares :P I'll post a screen shot soon. I am still learning on how you merge dif objects with each other, since they got that kinda attached looking eye thing. I am basing these models off the anime. SO they got that eye which is boggling my lack of texturing skills. Like I said... I should have a screen shot soon, so you can better understand me, and my just starting modeling questions.
JOIN THE TEAM