By Pro_Malti
hedgehogpie12 wrote:Does Pixelmon use Blender?

Blender, Maya. Probably anything that can export as .obj(.smd in the future)
By Arsonist
#109411 And anything that can export to obj can get a plugin to export to .smd files.
Another program that people can try out is 3dsMax
By lugiaisbeast101
Krotuskang wrote:I need a free program that helps with texturing.

Excuse me? I'm assuming you mean that you need a program that simplifies texturing.

You can use programs like Photoshop (trial), Gimp, or just use pain.net (less features

but gets the job done all the same). Gimp would be the best choice if you are looking

for a free easy to use program.
By Icekatana7
#110413 i personally use paint.NET and i dont mind the less features sinces i dont know what those features are since i never use Photoshop
By lugiaisbeast101
Icekatana7 wrote:i personally use paint.NET and i dont mind the less features sinces i dont know what those features are since i never use Photoshop

The gap between Paint and Photoshop is comparable to a dot and leonardo da vinci, Paint being the dot.
By Icekatana7
#110746 i understand that but when paint has all you need to get the job done as you said while photoshop is much more but yet you get the same outcome in the end
By lugiaisbeast101
Icekatana7 wrote:i understand that but when paint has all you need to get the job done as you said while photoshop is much more but yet you get the same outcome in the end

Paint is all you need to get the job done, photoshop helps you get the job done much

quicker with WAY better quality, you will not get the same outcome.

If you learned how to use photoshop, you will notice a tremendous difference in quality.
By gilbert12888
#111283 I have been getting along fine with Paint.NET. The magic wand tool is probably the most useful thing ever. However, if you want to shade parts of your model you will need to use something like Photoshop or Paint Tool Sai (my recommendation). Unless you are shading, Paint.Net is just as useful as Photoshop. But then again there is gimp which, as I understand, is like a free Photoshop.
-Gilbert
JOIN THE TEAM