By pegguinni128
#107676 Alright, before I can continue, I must tell a story. (yes, its related to the topic. read it all.)

*looking at models made by karry, lugia, nova, etc.* "wow! that looks fun! maybe I should try! But what should I model?" *after moments of brainstorming later* "alright, now, time to choose: Maya or blender?" *being the guy who wants things done easiest, I decide on Blender* "alright, lets open the program and do this.. alright, we have a cube. how do I change this into a low-poly circle? *looks off onto the sides* "wat." :shock:

Anyways, how the heck do I use blender? And I really need some professional help here.

By joshua_DA
#107682 there are alot of tutorials across the forums and on the internet :) use the search function and you will see what i mean. the tutorials here on the forums are quite helpful and aimed on people who want to start using blender/maya and will teach you the main basics of how to use the program.

extra: also... I MAKE GOOD MODELS TOO !!!D:
By Burgy
#107683 Yeah. That is the only downfall to blender as of now.
The UI is just so overwhelming!(The Blender developers are actually working o this for future updates)

But I suggest looking over in the guides section on the forums, myself and I think I saw other people make a fee tutorials on how to sort of get started in Blender.
By karrybird
#107694 i would suggest maya since it's a better program overall. and i found it was easier to figure out than blender or 3ds max.
but yes, youtube is your friend. :3

p.s. i always work with cubes unless it's a round pokemon or part. cubes are much easier to manipulate than spheres in my opinion and generally turn out better.
By pegguinni128
#107696 Wow, didnt think this was gonna get much attention..

anyways, thanks for the advise, guys! i hope i can become a great moddler like you guys.

p.s. Im sowwy josh ;~;
By lugiaisbeast101
Burgy wrote:Yeah. That is the only downfall to blender as of now.
The UI is just so overwhelming!(The Blender developers are actually working o this for future updates)

But I suggest looking over in the guides section on the forums, myself and I think I saw other people make a fee tutorials on how to sort of get started in Blender.

I really hope they don't, I've already learned the current UI, if they changed it up I will be

extremely confused....and I will also have to redo my tutorial. Oh and by the way...If you

want simplicity go with Maya......XD Blender is not the right choice for that (Maya also

has more feautures)
JOIN THE TEAM