By thierry91
#108117 hello,
firstly sorry for my english :) as everyone know the French are not very good in English :)
645 pokemon textured models in blender and obj format are available. These sources do you use? and if this is not the case! why not use it to quickly integrate all these pokemon?

and my second question is: why not facilitate the translation of your mod?
I already translated what could be in the database. But! many things are in *.class and therefore impossible to translate.

This is all the more a shame that a large part of users pixelmon are very young and do not speak English.

thank you for your work!

By joshua_DA
#108119 645 pokemon textured models in blender and obj format are available. These sources do you use? and if this is not the case! why not use it to quickly integrate all these pokemon?
you must be referring to the official pbr models. here are things why it cannot be used...
-they are high poly
-the official models have strict copyright
-they will get sued.

and about the translation thingy, i heard they mgiht get pixelmon translated IF someone is dedicated enough to translate every english thing in the mod into a different language.
By lugiaisbeast101
#108123 Because they won't, many of them are copyright products of Nintendo and then there's some that are fan made but people want something for them....

Basically, if we try to use them in the mod, there would be a high chance of pixelmon getting shut down.

The only time any of us use those sources is for purely for reference. As for the translation, what exactly needs translating?

I mean people can tell the item perfectly fine without reading anything, well that wouldn't apply for the tms and such...

Anyways, I'm just giving my opinion, I'm sure another will give a more detailed response (If you need one).
By thierry91
#108140 when you not are english and you not speak english is very hard playing fine.

and even if it is a shame, many people like play games or mod in their own language :)
this is normal!

and a version in the language of the country or the location of the server is a bonus for this server.

if you could for servers, have a file server side, in which we can of course all translate shook it a big plus.

Exist there a repository where we can have source code of mod ?

thank you for your answers.
By SPG
#108143 a translation has been brought up MANY times, I honestly have no input on the subject anymore just because it goes back and forth a lot, i'd suggest just talking to mr. m about it because he would be the guy you would want to speak to
By poe376
#109256 I thought about translation too. The thing is, the more languages there are, the more people there'll be to enjoy Pixelmon. This could be a good thing and a bad thing. We want people to enjoy it, but if it gets too popular, we'll probably get Nintendo'd.
JOIN THE TEAM