By Graham3D
#115339 Hello guys, I'm fairly new to the forums. Big time lurker, I actually run a fairly populated Pixelmon server that has quests with NPC's and more...

Anyways, I've got a few years of experience with modeling with two game titles to my name, one of which I modeled on. I'd like to help out with modeling and texturing a model or two, where should I start?
I wouldn't mind working on modeling a character or two, even a pokemon might be fun.
This is my 3d modeling portfolio.
http://graham3d.carbonmade.com/

Things I'm interested in knowing I guess are:
-Triangle Count
-Texture Resolution
-What will I model if I get assigned something?
-Will I be rigging, or do you guys have a dedicated rigger?
-Will I texture, or do you guys texture?
-File output is obj?
-Texture output is png?

By Arsonist
Graham3D wrote:Hello guys, I'm fairly new to the forums. Big time lurker, I actually run a fairly populated Pixelmon server that has quests with NPC's and more...

Anyways, I've got a few years of experience with modeling with two game titles to my name, one of which I modeled on. I'd like to help out with modeling and texturing a model or two, where should I start?
I wouldn't mind working on modeling a character or two, even a pokemon might be fun.
This is my 3d modeling portfolio.
http://graham3d.carbonmade.com/

Things I'm interested in knowing I guess are:
-Triangle Count
-Texture Resolution
-What will I model if I get assigned something?
-Will I be rigging, or do you guys have a dedicated rigger?
-Will I texture, or do you guys texture?
-File output is obj?
-Texture output is png?

There's not really a set number for those.
polycount, keep it reasonable, i guess.
resolution 1k seems to be the norm.
You don't get assigned models, you take a look at the list and choose one that either hasn't been done or one that you feel you can do better.
You don't have to rig if you don't want to, we've got some people who can rig for us.
You CAN texture, if you want. If you don't want to, just uv it and give it to someone who will, TheBootyEdition tends to like texturing.
Yes, we use objs.
yeah, pngs for textures.
By SPG
#115383 poly count, its all by eye, we dont have a set number because it varies between pokemon really, just keep it decently low, but not so low it distorts the design of the pokemon
1024x1024 or smaller
not sure if you worded that wrong, bt if you're assigned something, thats what you make..... idk can i get clarification on what you're asking?
you can if you want, but we can do that for you (i recommend only doing it after its approved)
you can do it yourself, but if you dont want to we can do it
yes
yes

if you have any other questions let me know
JOIN THE TEAM