By Bryself4164
#153510 Just a heads up this is my first post here so it may be derpy :P and may be in the wrong place sorry.

What I was wondering and what I mean by the title is can you, and how do you if you can, add pokemon that aren't in the game to the game? Like adding chespin froakie fennekin etc. How would you do this? Im mainly directing this topic to devs but if you know how to code in things like new pokemon then tell me or make a video or write step by step or whatever.
The Main things I personally struggle with figuring out are:
Is there a program for creating the models?
Where would I put the files for everything (things like their moveset, abilities outside of battle, etc)?
Do I need to edit any of the previous files to make this work?

I don't know I just think it'd be cool if people knew how to do this so they could add in some pokes that weren't in pixelmon yet. Maybe they'd even post it on the website to ask devs if they wanted to use it.

By MrMasochism
#153515 There isn't a way to add them yourself I'm sorry. There are a few too many variables when it comes to placing the pokemon in the world and scale that it would be a little difficult to add that as an option. You can however help out by creating models in blender or maya (or anything else that does .obj exporting) or animating said pokemon. The current pokemon database (distributed with each release) has full moveset and ability information already set up for all currently existing pokemon (650 odd) so that wouldn't be necessary.

If you want to help with modelling then you can check out the modelling sub-forum
By Bryself4164
#153571 Alright this kinda sucks. I was hoping to be able to add like zigzagoon and latios/latias just to my own game for fun, but if there's no real way of doing that then I'll have to wait for the devs or figure out how to model/animate/code/etc/this is going on for too long
By SPG
#153674 We aren't going in order, gen 2 was finished because it was almost done anyways
By JamieS1211
#153919 Zee will probably push on with gen 3. I will try and tidy up the old models in gen 1
JOIN THE TEAM