By BoopMcGoop
JamieS1211 wrote:
JamieS1211 wrote: First I imported the steelix.smd then I imported the idle.smd

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Import the model smd. Then click import again (dont do anything else) and hit import and chose the animation smd.

I think you are over thinking this.

That's how you get animations on a model, that doesn't show how to actually put them into a mod

By JamieS1211
#156327 If you wan't to put animations into pixelmon for stuff that hasn't been animated (smd wise) you have to change the source code so whatever you do animation / file wise its not enough. If you want to replace an animation in the mod you need to export stuff not import it. When you have rigged and animated your model export it to SMD and then place the model / rig smd in the root folder replacing the current [pokemon].smd and the animation cycle in the anims folder replacing the idle, walk and any other animation smds.
By BoopMcGoop
JamieS1211 wrote:If you wan't to put animations into pixelmon for stuff that hasn't been animated (smd wise) you have to change the source code so whatever you do animation / file wise its not enough. If you want to replace an animation in the mod you need to export stuff not import it. When you have rigged and animated your model export it to SMD and then place the model / rig smd in the root folder replacing the current [pokemon].smd and the animation cycle in the anims folder replacing the idle, walk and any other animation smds.

Thanks, that seems like it'll do what I need - it's more so that I can decomp Pixelmon and find out how to make my own entities and mobs with SMDs for models and that have animations
JOIN THE TEAM