By Lettucecow
#63417 There both pretty much the same, but I'd pick blender.

By MrMasochism
#63561 They are nothing like each other. Maya is the far better program but you can only get a stripped back version free (which is still superior to blender)
By MissingNoL
MrMasochism wrote:Maya is the far better program but you can only get a stripped back version free (which is still superior to blender)
What exactly makes Maya better than Blender? I haven't used Maya, but I might make the switch depending on what's better. Are the tools easier to use? Is there there that 'snap to intersection' function from CAD programs which I oh so desire?
By MrMasochism
#63811 basically Maya is a top-notch product used in the industry for all sorts of high end modelling/animation which you get a stripped back version of while blender is a product made for free which is trying to catch that stripped back version. Maya is just a much better designed piece of software and it shows that right across the board
By SPG
MrMasochism wrote:basically Maya is a top-notch product used in the industry for all sorts of high end modelling/animation which you get a stripped back version of while blender is a product made for free which is trying to catch that stripped back version. Maya is just a much better designed piece of software and it shows that right across the board

actually, the student version of maya gives you every single feature the payed version has excluding the lience that you needed to make movies and junk
JOIN THE TEAM