By MsDrawable
#96937 I really like Ekans and Arbok, so I thought I would try my hand at redoing the models for them.

I started with Ekans, any feedback or tips on how to optimize the model would be much appriciated!

Previous Updates:

Spoiler:
Solid Model:

WireFrame:

Also I am not super familiar with texturing blender models , so any tips or tricks for that would also be great!

Edit 1:
Ok so sorry about the pictures, but I did follow your guys advice and fixed up the model, turns out the way I was doing it I just had to redo the body.
I got rid of the upward pose as well, tell me anything you think needs to be fixed!

Edit 2:
I extended the snout some, feel free to tell me if you spot anything else that needs fixing (or maybe help me find someone who is good at texturing?)

Edit 3:
Changed Rattle Size, anything else seem strange (Just before I add textures? Because those might cover up a error in my model)

By gilbert12888
#96967 Make the body geometry more uniform. When the model is in the flat position, you can see deviations. I don't think you have to do the standing posture because it will probably be animated to do that. Also, make the tail more bulbous or round. Please provide us with front facing pictures as well.
Good start.
-Gilbert
By PokeWillpower
#97045 Sorry if I don't know what i'm talking about, i'm kinda new here, but:

Do you think you could try and make it's idle position more like
Spr_5b_023.png
Spr_5b_023.png (39.76 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
or
Spr_4h_023.png
Spr_4h_023.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
?

I just think the way it "stands" like an "S" it unfitting for it. :P
By karrybird
#97095 no, you shouldn't make an idle position, mr. m said that there isn't a code for such animations so it would be pointless to make. just keep it long and straight out like in one of your pics.
By PokeWillpower
karrybird wrote:no, you shouldn't make an idle position, mr. m said that there isn't a code for such animations so it would be pointless to make. just keep it long and straight out like in one of your pics.

I didn't really mean like idle "idle" but just what position it would be in when it's just standing, not slithering, ya know?

I see your point though, sorry for the noob feedback. :oops:
JOIN THE TEAM