#8746 UPDATED YET AGAIN!

Spoiler:
RhydonNF.png

Spoiler:
RhydonNS.png

SHINY VERSION
Spoiler:

Just need to modify the shiny texture.

Keeping this section just for kicks...to see how the model evolved.
Hello all! This is my first contribution to the site, been using Pixelmon for a while but I have never really paid attention to the forums.

Right now I am working on the texture and putting some finishing touches. This is also my first time using Techne So any feedback would be welcome.

After sleeping and recharging, I now realized that with a few modifications that this model could also be confused for Nidoking.

Spoiler:
RHYDON(Front).png

Spoiler:
RHYDON(right).png

By Boogaluke
#8910 Good start so far :) I would say make his tail a bit smaller, you could use more blocks to make it go from big to smaller towards the tip., also move his head up a bit more to give him more of a neck. And whenever you can, add some what of a texture to it :)
By Otakufiend
#8938 Ok here is my new and improved Rhydon. (with Shiny version). I am used to texturing images that have thousands of pixels so this was actually a little bit of a struggle for me to try and keep the Minecraft "theme" intact.

I modified the tail a little bit, and I even tried more blocks to make it smoother...but it didnt look right. and on the topic of improvements I didn't add more neck because all the images that I looked at Rhydon looks like he has little to no neck.

Spoiler:
RHYDONV2(side).png

Spoiler:
RHYDONV2(front).png

Spoiler:
RHYDONV1(side).png

Spoiler:
RHYDONV1(front).png
By Boogaluke
#8966 Image

Ah sorry, not really give him a neck (sorry couldnt look up rhydon pics earlier), but make his head a bit bigger is what I was trying to say.
By Skibb
#8970 You dont need to keep your models minecrafty. You can make them as detailed as you want :p
By Otakufiend
Skibb wrote:You dont need to keep your models minecrafty. You can make them as detailed as you want :p

I think I may be the only one that thinks this way...but when I am roaming the countryside and everything looks, as you say, "minecrafty" (lol) then I see an awesome super detailed pokemon...it just seems wrong.

Again I may be one of the few (or the only) person that would love to see more mincraft friendly models. (textures on the other hand I dont mind being HD as long as they are not over the top.)

Again just my opinion.
By Jack_Attack12
Otakufiend wrote:
Skibb wrote:You dont need to keep your models minecrafty. You can make them as detailed as you want :p

I think I may be the only one that thinks this way...but when I am roaming the countryside and everything looks, as you say, "minecrafty" (lol) then I see an awesome super detailed pokemon...it just seems wrong.

Again I may be one of the few (or the only) person that would love to see more mincraft friendly models. (textures on the other hand I dont mind being HD as long as they are not over the top.)

Again just my opinion.

Were trying to add pokemon to minecraft not blocky other things
By Otakufiend
Were trying to add pokemon to minecraft not blocky other things

I get that but when the world that is holding these pokemon look one way then this super detailed pokemon model is introduced it just seems off. A lot of the models that I have looked over to get ideas or to see how others handle modeling are super complex and they stick out or are so complex that animations cant be made for them.

On that note, those models look amazing, Im just stating my thoughts on the matter.
JOIN THE TEAM