By karrybird
BlueCacti wrote:I hate Sylveon's Ribbon

Thank you for your very helpful input.

By HowlingCoyote
#124224 aaaaaaaaaa okay I'm a bit late but here's my critiques (and nit picking.)
Sorry for the large post ;o;

in general (like all the models), I notice the paws are very defined like they're more canine. Umbreon seems to have said paws but the rest have like, nubs? (especially espeon) or at least not as defined as you have them. I'd suggest making them smaller so they look more like foxes than large canines feet.
Spoiler:

It also seems the legs aren't merged with the body. Now I'll be the first to admit canine like anatomy is a pain but combining the geometry will reduce poly count and make the bodies look better over all (hopefully it's not a problem for animation????)

Eevee looks nice, but I think it’s head is too long and it’s back legs are too thin. I’d also suggest making its tail bigger. More poofy :D

Vaporeon’s face seems to be too wide, at least from the front. It also seems like the ruff comes from the head directly and not from the neck. Can’t tell much about the polys in the tail either. and it looks like its frowning :c (small thing, not important.)

First, Jolteon’s color is wrong. too neon yellow instead of the gold in the art (unless that’s the shiny? even then it’s more green when shiny.) Maybe clean up the spikes too? the butt spikes (haha) have one layer while the chest fur has more, which you’ve seemed to have done the opposite of. the chest fur seems too long as well. I think it’s head is too long too and the ears seem a bit detached.

The circle polygon for Flareon's chest fur is really obvious and looks weird. Maybe smooth it out so it’s not a circle vertex and add small fur bits that head towards the back? like eevee. I also thing the tail should be bigger too. (FIRE! :D) The head seems too long, the head fur is too inside the head, and the ears look again detached and really sharp actually. no mouth either (again, small detail.)

ah Espeon. Now we move into where chest fur no longer hides a detached head, so I say merge it with the body and make the polys flow better for a neck that’s not so.. awkward. The head is too long (or the face and jewel is too low) the tuffs need to have a bigger second part on the bottom of them, the insides of the ears are the wrong color, the pupils should probably be bigger, there's a bit on the end of the ears that comes out more, the bottom edge of the ears aren’t seen from the front, no mouth, the tail seems to be too long, and the ends of the prongs on the tail should be rounded. the texture on the legs looks weird too.

for Umbreon, can’t tell if you need to move the head back or not. the neck seems to be pretty thick on umbreon too. it’s hard to see your polys too, so harden them for a better idea. Wrong yellow again, needs to be more goldish. Rings in general should be moved down, can’t see a nose very well, or a mouth.. could be the black though and maya's shading.

Leafeon's head (body merging thing again) and awkwardly soft polys that won’t allow me to see the edges. I love the tail though! very neat :D the leaf on the head is awkwardly 2 dimensional though

Glaceon's head's too long, ears are detached again as well as the tail. the texture on the tail should go to the bottom side as well and the shoulders are too wide.

For Sylveon, (even if it's not being added soon.) the little fur on the right of its head should be more forward, like a side hair??? the ribbons seem to be extremely long even for sylveon. and the tail's little tuff (???) should be more defined.

uhh
that's all I got.
hope it's helpful :>
By karrybird
#131231 Slowly but surely beginning to fix these guys so they don't look so bad.
JOIN THE TEAM