By gilbert12888
#113326 Quick tip dont use google sketchup, it makes for messy geometry and bad texturing and is really hard to model well with. Try Blender, Autodesk Maya, or Autodesk 3ds max. Regarding you model, the segments just look like chamfered cylinders which doesnt look very pokemon-like. Also the cylinders have too many segments. The face looks very flat and the connection from the face to the first body segment should not exist. The head should be modeled separate from the body segments. There is more but you should probably fix what i listed above first. Good luck modeling!
-Gilbert
P.S. It looks like this model is on SPG's best ever series to do list. There is a sticky thread that has the link to the google docs that show which models are done/being worked on/not being worked on.
By Arsonist
tkgamer18 wrote:Upload your images to photoshop please.

Photoshop, eh?
By tkgamer18
Arsonist wrote:
tkgamer18 wrote:Upload your images to photoshop please.

Photoshop, eh?

*Photobucket sorry.
By broseph1
gilbert12888 wrote:Quick tip dont use google sketchup, it makes for messy geometry and bad texturing and is really hard to model well with. Try Blender, Autodesk Maya, or Autodesk 3ds max. Regarding you model, the segments just look like chamfered cylinders which doesnt look very pokemon-like. Also the cylinders have too many segments. The face looks very flat and the connection from the face to the first body segment should not exist. The head should be modeled separate from the body segments. There is more but you should probably fix what i listed above first. Good luck modeling!
-Gilbert
P.S. It looks like this model is on SPG's best ever series to do list. There is a sticky thread that has the link to the google docs that show which models are done/being worked on/not being worked on.

Thanks for the feedback. This is the first model I have done so I wasn't expecting anything good.
By shadoowner
#113617 could just be me but this looks extremely high poly to me, decrease the amount of polys if so or correct me if im wrong ;)
By lugiaisbeast101
shadoowner wrote:could just be me but this looks extremely high poly to me, decrease the amount of polys if so or correct me if im wrong ;)

You are correct.
By AZTERIX_
#114396 The segments need to be more soft, not cylinders jutting in, same at the end and front. It looks really repetitive and weird.
After that, fix his mouth it needs to be giant and almost stupid, but just enough that it isn't and instead looks cool.
After after that, fix his eyes. They are too small and slit-like.

Hope my critiques were helpful, just remember I'm only trying to help fix it.
JOIN THE TEAM