By CypriC
#114131 I am working on Jynx, so i put up some high-poly pics. The low-poly is in the making , so i would like to know if you think anything is off.
The hair will be different on the low-poly.
Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.
(I am also working on Smoochum, if you would like to check that one out too.)
Thank you!

Jynx_low_poly_front3.png
Jynx_low_poly_front

Jynx_low_poly_side.png
Jynx_low_poly_side

jynx_high_poly_un.png
Jynx_high_poly_angle

jynx_high_poly.png
Jynx_high_poly_front

By lugiaisbeast101
#114212 We can't give much feedback since smoothing tends to distort in many cases
By gilbert12888
#114237 Uhh why are you making a high poly model? I would not critique the geometry on the high poly because the low poly will be much different. Lugia, smoothing on a high poly model will not distort the geometry that much.
-Gilbert
By CypriC
#114272 Thanks for the feedback!
I uploaded low poly pics even tough the back part of the hair is still in the making.
The reason I make a high poly mesh is because that's how I make my models. High poly > retopologize to a low poly > tweak the low poly until it's good.
Uhm about the hands I might have to go for higher poly count to make them look closer to the reference, but i will try to improve them with the poly count i have know.
Given that I went for dividing the hair into individual pieces right from the top it might result in a way too high poly count, so i would appreciate your opinion on this. I could go for big linked polys all the way to the middle and start to pull pieces from that one, but I already know it wouldn't look as good. Also I know i shouldn't have, but I divided the piece that goes over the arm to avoid the bad looking "collision" and to be able to maybe animate the hair in a way that it would actually "interact" with the arms.
(I am working on the lower part to give it a better shape overall but since I retopologized with the snap tool I pretty much guessed the shape behind the hair.)

Update:
The back part is done although it dosen't look as good without all that hair so I thought about adding a second layer of hair underneath the existent one.
(top part of the head, mouth, arms and bottom part adjustments)
Jynx_low_poly_t2.png
low_poly_front_t2

Jynx_low_poly_back_t3.png
low_poly_back_t2
By lugiaisbeast101
gilbert12888 wrote:Uhh why are you making a high poly model? I would not critique the geometry on the high poly because the low poly will be much different. Lugia, smoothing on a high poly model will not distort the geometry that much.
-Gilbert

I assumed it was a low poly model with the smooth shading or subdivision surface on,

which would cause a hell of a lot of distortion compared to the original form.

Anyways since Blender is horrible with lowering polys, it still gives distortion.
By CypriC
#114512 I adjusted the back hair and added a few more pieces. I also colored the mesh, but it's just for contrast so pls don't be too hard on my free drawing skills xD. (I will remake the UV map for texturing after all the adjustments are made.)
I would also like your opinion on the mouth. I feel like I should remake it and go for the horizontal position.
Thank you!

jynx_low_poly_c_back.png
jynx_low_poly_c_back

jynx_low_polt_c_front.png
jynx_low_poly_c_front
By CypriC
#114760 I colored the mesh by throwing brush strokes at it. Most of it is asymetrical. If there are no other mesh problems, I'll remake the UV map and start texturing.
I'll adjust the hands and try to resize different parts to see if I missed anything in terms of scale.
Other than that I'd really appreciate an opinion on the hair. (I thought about pulling out 1-2 more pieces in the front and that would also help with the overall shape I think.)
Thank you!
JOIN THE TEAM