By gilbert12888
#118890 So this is the next of the birds. The last one to do is Moltres. Beware, the following spoiler is quite long. I know that the standing pose, right now, makes zapdos look homeless so don't just say i should change it. Let me know, specifically, what should be changed to make it look more majestic.

Let me know what you think.
-Gilbert

By LiamJGames19
#118979 It's really cool, but I was thinking maybe you could make the standing pose more like Zapdos' and not just the general bird stance, yunno; like with his wings spread.
By HowlingCoyote
#118987 with its feet back like that when flying it's a bit awkward. Maybe the feet should be forward like the anime shows???
Spoiler:
By poe376
#118995 His head is way too big for his body. His beak is too long, and too skinny, and too pointed.
Besides this, I love the body, and this is overall a fantastic model. You never cease to amaze me.
By godzillaandzekrom
HowlingCoyote wrote:with its feet back like that when flying it's a bit awkward. Maybe the feet should be forward like the anime shows???
Spoiler:

yeah I think it should be like in anime it shows :D
By gilbert12888
#119078 Sooo, if you didn't know I always check my model with a ref model before hand. Soo, the beak is the right size, the head is the right size, the spikes are the right size. Now that that's out of the way: regarding the wings, SPG wants them folded so i cant do anything about that. Regarding the feet, what kind of bird flies with its feet down if its not taking off or landing? In all of those ref pictures, zapdos is hovering, not going forward. Also if you watch 2000 im pretty sure it shows zapdos flying forward and legs bent backward. It will be rigged so maybe we can have a takeoff and land animation.
Sorry for the sass, its been a long day.
Thanks for the suggestions.
-Gilbert
By TayTay714
poe376 wrote:His head is way too big for his body. His beak is too long, and too skinny, and too pointed.
Besides this, I love the body, and this is overall a fantastic model. You never cease to amaze me.

I think the head and beak are fine
By poe376
gilbert12888 wrote:Sooo, if you didn't know I always check my model with a ref model before hand. Soo, the beak is the right size, the head is the right size, the spikes are the right size. Now that that's out of the way: regarding the wings, SPG wants them folded so i cant do anything about that. Regarding the feet, what kind of bird flies with its feet down if its not taking off or landing? In all of those ref pictures, zapdos is hovering, not going forward. Also if you watch 2000 im pretty sure it shows zapdos flying forward and legs bent backward. It will be rigged so maybe we can have a takeoff and land animation.
Sorry for the sass, its been a long day.
Thanks for the suggestions.
-Gilbert

Maybe my head is too big for my body.
You're right about that hovering thing though, and since we have that revamped flying AI, that kind of pose would be useless.
Come to think of it.....is there anywhere where we can find an image/video of Zapdos actually flying?

Edit: I'm an idiot who needs to pay more attention to what is presented to him.
By HowlingCoyote
#119147 But birds don't fly with their feet all spread out either (wouldn't be very aerodynamic) so if he's flying maybe curl the feet under?

there's like zero actual flying zapados pictures but you get my point. ouo
JOIN THE TEAM