By SeanShirayuki
Alright, I've seen this everywhere on the forums "make dragonite, please make dragonite, new dragonite needed, update dragonite...etc" and the last person to make a Dragonite remake hasn't posted since February and It's still red here with no one claimed on making it, I figured I'd give it a shot, it's what the community wants and it's a model that needs to yet be made into an .obj, so without further ado, here's my
Dragonite that I made.
Normal

Shiny

By Milo
#127888 I'm not sure whether or not the antennas on the head need to be straight for animation or not... So yea. The tail tip needs to be rounder and not a point. That's all I have got right now. Nice Job :).
By SeanShirayuki
#127889 I'll round off the tail tip when i wake up tomorrow, was just heading to bed lol, and as for the antenna, i'm not sure i've even seen Dragonite actually move them so that's a good question, if they need to be straight then I can easily straighten them as well
By Davrial
#127895 Nope, they are supposed to be wavy, as they are already.
As for movement, they go backwards when flying (as in streaming back), and that's about all i know.

Other than the aforementioned tail-tip, I believe the model is great! Excellent work. It was indeed time for a new Dragonite model. Was this your first Pixelmon model, or have you done others?
By SeanShirayuki
#127928 alrighty, rounded the tip of the tail on both models and on the flying model i fixed the antenna so that they angle back in flight. please let me know if you find anything else that i need to fix on it ^.^ also, this isn't my first pixelmon model, the first one people have really commented on lol, but i have made a Castform in the Gen 3 forum. but as for my first model, not by a long shot, i've been doing 3d modeling for IMVU for the last 2 years
By Il_Lupo
#128004 No need for posing, animators will do that. Also make anything curved straight, they will be curved in animation. Great job.
By ryancpexpert
#128007 - I feel the point on top of the head needs to be straighter on top of the head.
- I feel like the arms could use a bit more on the under side
That's all I can see that is wrong with the model, otherwise, good job :D.
By SeanShirayuki
Il_Lupo » 19 Jun 2014 19:41 wrote:No need for posing, animators will do that. Also make anything curved straight, they will be curved in animation. Great job.

little confused on this part because everywhere i've read about pokemon that can fly is SPG telling people that they need to make 2 models, one on ground, one flying. and are you saying to straighten the antenna?

ryancpexpert » 19 Jun 2014 20:25 wrote:- I feel the point on top of the head needs to be straighter on top of the head.
- I feel like the arms could use a bit more on the under side
That's all I can see that is wrong with the model, otherwise, good jobs :D.

i know they might look a little weird which is why i took a screen shot of me making the model

The Mesh being formed to the reference images.
Spoiler:

The 2 Reference images in the above Picture
Spoiler:

the only thing different from the pics that i decided to change was the dip in the arm because i looked online and all the dragonite pictures i saw from game and anime showed that it's arms were the same width all the way down the arm, but if you think i should put the dip back in then i will.
By Lizzy39632
#128040 For the weird dip under his arms, I think you should take it off. For the antennae, straighten it for animation.
By TheGameAce
#128043 Just curious; Why does my post here keep getting deleted? :I I'm just saying how nice the model looks... Otherwise, I think the antennae need a little more length.
JOIN THE TEAM