By Vikerus
#128047 Great job on this and thanks for doing it. For feedback though seems like you could make the transition from lower jaw to neck a little more graceful and less hard edged. Take a look at the images I referenced for an idea of what I'm getting at. The head in all needs a little love and the snout is definitely not the right shape yet. Fix those things and I think this will be a lot better.

I made a little screen cap with the vertices pointed out that I think you would need to play with to fix the lower jaw.

By SeanShirayuki
TheGameAce » 20 Jun 2014 12:49 wrote:Just curious; Why does my post here keep getting deleted? :I I'm just saying how nice the model looks... Otherwise, I think the antennae need a little more length.

The antenna are quite long actually, it's just that i have them with their wavy look so they look shorter, when i straighten them out they'll look a lot longer. as for your post getting deleted, i wouldn't have a clue, this is the first time i've seen one of your posts here o3o to be completely honest, i dont even know how to delete someone else's posts.

Vikerus » 20 Jun 2014 13:19 wrote:Great job on this and thanks for doing it. For feedback though seems like you could make the transition from lower jaw to neck a little more graceful and less hard edged. Take a look at the images I referenced for an idea of what I'm getting at. The head in all needs a little love and the snout is definitely not the right shape yet. Fix those things and I think this will be a lot better.

I made a little screen cap with the vertices pointed out that I think you would need to play with to fix the lower jaw.

Believe me when i say that i've been playing around with those vertices since i finished the model lol. no matter what i do without adding more polygons it looks off to me but i'll keep trying and i'm going to straighten the antenna as soon as i get a chance.
By SeanShirayuki
#128063 ok, i checked on those vertices and tried a couple of things and i think i found something that makes the jaw look better and give a better transition into the neck, i moved around a couple of them and only had to turn 2 faces into tris from quads. i also straightened out the antenna and took out the flying pose, i still have that model on my comp in case SPG tells me that i need the model. please let me know if anything else needs to be edited on it and thank you all for the feedback, it helps a lot.
By FrozenJemima
#128067 there needs to be a flying animation, also the horns aren't gonna be animated so fix that, the tail is probably going to be animated tho
By Lizzy39632
#128068 The horns are gonna be animated stated by Il_lupo and there is no need for a flying pose since the animators can rig the model itself.
By FrozenJemima
#128070 the feet are lazily made, they need to be more curved and realistic, not block with pointy claws
By SeanShirayuki
#128089 ok, all you had to do was tell me to round off the feet, i can assure you that nothing in any of the models that i've been making is "lazily made" i put a lot of hard work into every model i make....so, insults aside, all i can do is add a little more roundness to the top of the feet, i'm pretty sure i can find a way to do that and still keep the shape of the original reference image's foot, as for the rest of the foot, i cant really do much without adding even more poly's to it. the only blockieness that i see that you might be talking about is the flat part on the top and on the bottom of the foot which i cant really do much about since dragonite's standing. even the reference image i used is flat on the bottom of the foot and the reference image came from the model used in Pokemon BR since i read that the official models can be used as reference's.
Look under Plagiarism in SPG's post here
By TheGameAce
SeanShirayuki » 20 Jun 2014 15:28 wrote:
TheGameAce » 20 Jun 2014 12:49 wrote:Just curious; Why does my post here keep getting deleted? :I I'm just saying how nice the model looks... Otherwise, I think the antennae need a little more length.

The antenna are quite long actually, it's just that i have them with their wavy look so they look shorter, when i straighten them out they'll look a lot longer. as for your post getting deleted, i wouldn't have a clue, this is the first time i've seen one of your posts here o3o to be completely honest, i dont even know how to delete someone else's posts.

Vikerus » 20 Jun 2014 13:19 wrote:Great job on this and thanks for doing it. For feedback though seems like you could make the transition from lower jaw to neck a little more graceful and less hard edged. Take a look at the images I referenced for an idea of what I'm getting at. The head in all needs a little love and the snout is definitely not the right shape yet. Fix those things and I think this will be a lot better.

Believe me when i say that i've been playing around with those vertices since i finished the model lol. no matter what i do without adding more polygons it looks off to me but i'll keep trying and i'm going to straighten the antenna as soon as i get a chance.

Ah Okay. I think maybe SPG was deleting them, because he said I was supposed to be posting constructive criticism :I Eh whatever.

Also, for the horn on top, I took some careful looks at pictures, and I think it needs to be a bit smaller.
By SeanShirayuki
#128092 funny enough, the horn tip was the only thing that didn't match up on the 2 pictures which just struck me as odd at first but i decided to go with the higher point, so i'll lower it to the other picture's height and bring the tip forward a tad so that it doesn't look like it's pointing backwards, i see now what ryancpexpert was saying about the horn lol
By SeanShirayuki
#128095 alrighty, i finished editing the feet and the horn, the horn was moved down and forward a tad and i added more of a shape to the feet without having to add too many polygons. again, thank you for all the helpful input ^.^
JOIN THE TEAM