By joshua_DA
SnowBlitzz wrote:I've already seen a new mew modeled and approved

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=16897

that is not approved.
By xanderindalzone
#141695 has my model got any posibility to be approved?
By RikaCreature
#141697 Well, right now I would say no. It's WAY too high poly, and you've got some bizarre things going on with the normals and uv mapping, the anatomy needs quite a bit of work as well.
By xanderindalzone
#141698 I want a modeller to reply me, not a normal guy.... :V
By joshua_DA
#141699 anyone has the right to reply like that, modeller or not. this place is called feedback for a reason....
By xanderindalzone
#141700 i didn't say he couldn't... but I want to hear the reply from a modeller cuz he has to like it, dont you think so?
By joshua_DA
#141701 That is not how the slightest bit of feedback even works......... . . . Here's how feedback works. You post a model, people post opinions on what's wrong with it, you fix said problems and if you think the model is perfect like a flowering daisy already, you post it at approval.

Now, to get back to the subject of posting my opinion:
-model is way to high poly
-proportions are wrong all around
-why does it look like that sections of its body are separated?
-i'm sorry but the texture looks bad and messy

Long story short, redo the entire model.
By RikaCreature
#141715 Well, first of all I'm female, and second, if you'll be starting the model anew (which I too would recommend) here's a couple of pointers-

Don't use as many spheres, default spheres in blender (I assume that's what you're using) are too high poly, and it's fairly obvious when they're used, same goes for cylinders. Start with cubes instead, also be sure to mirror the model to prevent asymmetry. I'd look up some tutorials on youtube before trying again.
JOIN THE TEAM