By dyinghere
#154600 He's also got a case of two left feet. Or... right feet? And maybe you could split the beaks so they could be opened.

By SPG
JamieS1211 wrote:As far as I am concerned when I am animating I want all moving parts to be all part of one mesh. Any small feature like warts or horns can be separate meshes. Otherwise I think things just looks bad because of attachment area clipping/cleaving and body deformation. Also for the neck you will need to add about 6 rings vertically to the neck. If it is all one face up the height it can't be deformed in the correct way.

as far as im concerned, it depends on the pokemon and how its designed, with how this bird is you dont have to connect his neck or legs to the body since it phases through the feathers if made correctly anyways.
By TheGoldenSnake
#154617 I like the newer model version with the lower poly... but you should make a mouth for animation purposes. Also, SPG, in your modeling tutorial, you got the photos from your 3ds right? How did you get them on your pc and did you use the 3d pokedex app...thing, from Pokémon anime or somewhere else?
By SPG
TheGoldenSnake wrote:I like the newer model version with the lower poly... but you should make a mouth for animation purposes. Also, SPG, in your modeling tutorial, you got the photos from your 3ds right? How did you get them on your pc and did you use the 3d pokedex app...thing, from Pokémon anime or somewhere else?

no, the models were extracted from the game and i took pictures of them. If you want thme yourself you have to find them, we arent allowed to give out the link to people (not like they're hard to come by anyways)
By JamieS1211
#154648 You don't need to do anything with vertex groups that will be done by us when we animate if the model is accepted.
You still have a whole load of internal vertacies and faces.
The beaks won't be able to open as there is no faces separating the top and bottom sections.
The necks still need about 5 verticle cuts.
The separate meshes in the legs, necks and beaks still need to be joined.

By ZM11
#154653 Sorry to be such a noob but can you explain what you meant by "no faces separating the top and bottom sections."
Thanks in advance
By SPG
ZM11 wrote:Sorry to be such a noob but can you explain what you meant by "no faces separating the top and bottom sections."
Thanks in advance

seperate the bottom half of the beak from the top half of the beak
By ZM11
#154659 Oh OK. Thanks. I'm really just a beginner to all this and this was really my first major model.
JOIN THE TEAM