By Harbinger
#51174 This is my first attempt at modelling using techne or any other 3d program at that matter, thought I'd start by redoing some of the older models that needed an update. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Rattata (Normal)

Spoiler:

Rattata (Shiny)

Spoiler:

In the following picture I encountered a little problem which I'm not sure if its normal or not so atm I'm using an older model which has a basic whisker.

Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update
Smoother face with mouth closed.
Rattata (Normal)

Spoiler:

Rattata (Shiny)

Spoiler:

By emerald_ice
#51175 That Rattata is absolutely amazing.. Way better than the one currently in-game. I say you should definitely post that for approval
By Css1234567890123
#51176 May I say sir, that is freaking amazing for a first model.

Also, that flickering is a techne problem, just try your best with it. I have heard from all sorts of people say never to use a block less than 1 thick, it may fix that problem.

I love this, I would love to see it in game right now. It is such an improvement from the current one, it just blows me away.

If I may suggest some more models for you to improve, I would love to see Venusaur remodeled, as well with Charmander, Charmeleon, and Blastoise. If they all had this same feel, it would bring out their true power, I am sure of it.

I hope to see more of your work in the future, good luck in the future.
By KuryoZT
#51189 Urghh.
I like the model in itself, it looks really good, except 2 parts, the "staircased" effect. Its hips, and, what is it? mouth side?
And yeah, never use 0 thick block, always 1 at least. Look Karrybird's tutorial, she explains why there.
Can you try to change the things on the side of its mouth? But good work anyway.
By Zariu
#51191 that is great work, now on the whisker thing you saw, make sure it is at least one block wide and then only texture the part you want colored. For the weird grey effect... Techne just does that. Don't worry though, it won't appear that way in game. ^^ if you look at this jolteon... you can see that Techne simply doesn't handle this stuff well, but it looks great in game. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2644

also, if you're that talented at Techne... I'd suggest trying Maya or Blender. Pixelmon can use obj files now and it usually takes less time. But up to you ^^
By ilovepokemon
#51217 i would close rattata's mouth, it would be great for an animation, and POST THIS MODEL IN APPROVAL
By LightAdept
KuryoZT wrote:Urghh.
I like the model in itself, it looks really good, except 2 parts, the "staircased" effect.

While normally i would agree with you, there are some exceptions, and this seems to be one imo. The hips look wonderful with the staircase effect because it isnt just a cube, and some of the bottom is cut off when it turns into the upper leg. But the face is a mess. Dont get my wrong, it looks good, but it could use some smoothing. Where the staircase effect works on the hips, it doesnt on the face. So....clean up the face and this bad boy could very well be in game soon.

Oh. And if you could, please post a shot of 1. your part names 2. a couple different rotation points for say....the back right leg or something. I just want to make sure you have those 2 key.....assests down as it'll make things easier for me in the future, as well easier for you to remember to do.
By karrybird
#51232 this is a truely great model, but all i would say is to close the mouth. it would look really weird if it's always walking around with an opened mouth (it would only look right with very few pokemon).
keep that in mind for any future models you make, try to keep them as neutral (expression wise) as possible, it will look a whole lot better.
JOIN THE TEAM